Any insights for the Propeller with 3 blades for my Phantom 2?

Reaction score
i recently saw a 3 blade propeller and im thinking to use it for my phantom 2. anyone experienced using this? thanks in advance im just researching about it.

Attached photo is the 3-blade propeller

Attachments

• sku_375147_3.jpg
    sku_375147_3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 332
i recently saw a 3 blade propeller and im thinking to use it for my phantom 2. anyone experienced using this? thanks in advance im just researching about it.

How about a link to the product... Is that the folding one?

I've seen a lot of disadvantages mentioned. What's the advantage of a 3-bladed prop? Are they quieter?

I've seen a lot of disadvantages mentioned. What's the advantage of a 3-bladed prop? Are they quieter?

On an airplane they are, it's tip speed and the sound barrier.
I don't know of a decrease in performance on full size aircraft as a side effect of using a 3 bladed prop, so lets consider the Bonanza, or the Bellanca Viking as examples. Do they perform better with the 2 bladed prop?

My "guess" at this point, is that anyone manufacturing 3 bladed props, isn't very good at it. The other guess I have, is that good data just hasn't made it's way to this forum..

Your going to find that the stock props are the best. They were designed for this bird and have the correct flex and pitch need for the best performance. The best method to determine this is to buy, fly, then throw away and order more DJI props.

Reactions: Cris A.
I agree with Meta4. Anything with 3 blades are bad n not worth putting on. Someone did a test n got less flight time and something else.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Anything other than stock props are just a NO NO NO. they are cheaper, best performing, CF and tri blades again are just a NO NO NO. My rule is that props and batteries are 2 of the most important components that keep our birds in the air so they are not to be messed with by using 3rd party stuff. If it's not broke don't fix it

I’m not much of a Phantom mod’er because I believe DJI put more R&D into these birds to know what components will deliver best flight characteristics than I ever could. For that reason I stick to stock self-tightening props which have been carefully balanced.

Not to say modding is always a bad thing but I’ll reserve that for a Hobby King or similar build-up.

More blades = less efficient

As stated the designers have done the work for you.

Just fly.

I use them occasionally with my P2V and P2V+v3. I notice more speed with them. Today with zero wind I was getting Max Speed of a little over 40 MPH with my otherwise stock P2V.
Maybe just a tad more quiet than two blades. A little tricky to get them in perfect balance but overall I wouldn't worry about using them with your P2. I'm not about to put them on my P3P. I am afraid to fly the P3 with stock props with all the crashes and mishaps I keep reading about. It is sitting on my workbench waiting for my Flytrex to arrive and the smoke to clear on what is causing so many mysterious P3 crash and burns.

Got mine on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301596804502?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Just check them close when you get them and balance them well. I think you might like them for sport flying. My Phantom feels more like a hot rod with them.
I do think they cause the Phantom to pitch and buck a little more when doing fast direction or altitude changes. But I haven't been able to upset it in flight to where I had any concern. I would tighten them real well because they probably are more inclined to unscrew themselves than with two blade props.

Last edited:
Reactions: don fernandez

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl