Any information on the use of a drone for locating deer and there routes?

That's like saying 'what's the speed limit'? Kinda depends on where you are. In most places using aircraft spotting is illegal but your local laws are what matter.

I manage a 130 acre fenced in property and we have a crew that patrols the perimeter 5 days a week to see if the deer have punched through or found a spot where a tree or limb has taken the fence down. The deer are smarter than my grounds crew though and in spite the fact that deer are creatures of habit and follow the same path at nearly the same time and same place every day...my guys still haven't caught on. The P4P is helpful in scouting and cuts down the time on patrolling as long as I can spot the deer and get the guys there in time to open a gate and steer the deer back out. But this only works when there's no foliate on the trees and the brush is low in the winter. Easy to pick out in the snow though. But this is just with the cam. Now if I added body head sensors for several thousand dollars more I could do better spotting...cost benefit thing.
Haven't tried object tracking yet but all a deer would have to do is pass under a tree and the camera would loose the track.

A

Reactions: Texacola
Can you hunt with a drone legally?

If you have to ask, you probably already know most states deem it illegal. Contact your local or state Dept of Natural Resources & inquire. Otherwise, you may find yourself in serious trouble if caught doing so. Remember, ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse.[emoji30]

122533_600.jpeg

Williams AZ,,high up on the mesa. 40 acres,,I want to catch them on Video with my drone. Still waiting on antelope to return,,I hunt with my camera,,

Reactions: len750

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj