Any ideas?

Reaction score
I was having problems with my Phantom 4 during flight, it would fly extremely roughly. I tried recalibrating but it stayed the same. I thought that it would probably be a good idea to replace the motors, shell, and props and see how it did after that. Once I got the motors resoldered I put the battery in and the drone turned on and I got the chime that the motors make when the phantom turns on. Once I got it all the way put together I turned it on again and Im getting ECS errors from all four motors and it wont they wont make the chime. Any thoughts?

Reactions: matt1221
You get the Eva error when controller is unable to control the motor currents to the right value.

Are the motors of correct type?
Are connections made correctly?
Are you sure your main board is functioning ok?

Did you terminate the fly leads from the new motors directly at the ESC solder pads? In instances where some have elected to cut and splice the existing leads to the new motors this is a common issue as the person performing the repair missed the fact that the individual strands that form the motor leads are simply extensions of the wire used to wind the field coils, they are individually insulated with a clear coating which makes soldering difficult and a good chance of an open circuit if they aren't appropriately stripped and tinned before proceeding to make the connection.

You get the Eva error when controller is unable to control the motor currents to the right value.

Are the motors of correct type? -
Are connections made correctly?
Are you sure your main board is functioning ok? -

I bought Part 24 2312S Motor and the Part 23 2312S Motor
I just resoldered them in the same places i tool the other wires out
Before i took the motors out the motors would at least make the chime and turn on, now there is nothing

Did you terminate the fly leads from the new motors directly at the ESC solder pads? In instances where some have elected to cut and splice the existing leads to the new motors this is a common issue as the person performing the repair missed the fact that the individual strands that form the motor leads are simply extensions of the wire used to wind the field coils, they are individually insulated with a clear coating which makes soldering difficult and a good chance of an open circuit if they aren't appropriately stripped and tinned before proceeding to make the connection.

I put the new wires directly into the soldering pads instead of splicing them. And I did tin the wires before soldering them too. Does it matter that the light stobes are different? on the front two they are solid red no stobe and the back two strobe between red green and yellow? I checked and made sure there was power to the boards but there is none at the wires going to the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj