Any Ideas on whats needed to repair this...

Reaction score
So, my wifes aunt purchased a phantom 3 standard based on my recommendation for a first drone. She got it Monday, crashed it today. She lives 300 miles away, so I'm not sure i can help. However, i told her i would get the opinion of the community on whats needed and see if i can repair it when she visits in a couple of weeks. So, i will post the pics, any help on what all will be needed to complete the repair would be GREATLY appreciated.
Iscezq4.jpg

8JdvuxZ.jpg

XiWdGW1.jpg

1l7VqaF.jpg

Should hopefully be just a yaw arm and ribbon cable, depending on the condition of the cable on the roll motor. Crashes can sometimes damage the motors as well, so worst case scenario you'd need a roll, pitch and yaw motor as well.

Will be a bit of a fiddly job to do, but if you have precision screwdrivers and a steady hand, plus a bit of patience it can be done :)

Yaw arm looks fine to me. Roll motor position sensor board is cracked. I'd replace the entire roll motor though. Cover plate looks damaged too but may just be cosmetic.

Can't see from the photos but often one of the "ears" of the dampener plate gets broken off in accidents that do this type of damage (the dampener plate is the grey part immediately next to the body of the drone itself. It is connected to anoter plate by the four white shock absorber balls. That plate, too, often suffers broken-off "ears" in crashes. Both plate are user replaceable - the vibration dampener costs about $10 (US) on eBay and the other runs about $35 (US), also on eBay.

I will not bother to repair this and just send the drone to www.dronenerds.com they have a repair center and are DJI certified with the best customer service experience. If the accident was pilot error? If not, then DJI maybe able to replace it with a refurbished one.

Well, i appreciate the input and help from everyone. Personally id like for her to try and find a repair center somewhere near her. I dont want to mess with it, especially given if i do it will be a time sensitive job and well, my times too important to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj