Any idea when the new DJI GO App will be available for Android?

Reaction score
I've not updated my firmware to the latest because the DJI GO App isn't yet available for Android devices, which quite frankly I think stinks. Is it common for them to make upgrades to only half the supported platforms (iOS v.s. Android), while the other half has to just sit & wait? Does it take significant time between platform releases?

I've not updated my firmware to the latest because the DJI GO App isn't yet available for Android devices, which quite frankly I think stinks. Is it common for them to make upgrades to only half the supported platforms (iOS v.s. Android), while the other half has to just sit & wait? Does it take significant time between platform releases?
I agree...what is DJI's definition of "coming soon?"

Apple guys had to wait when the P3 first came out. And no, it doesn't take significant time. You can, however, update the FW and use the existing Pilot app w/o a problem.

I read somewhere that it would be released in September.....

I'm not DJI person, but I believe it's "soon." :)

Basically it's not so different from DJI Pilot app (but the name), especially "camera" menu... And old Pilot app has no problem with newer FW. Video editing method may have big difference. I think. :p

Should be any day now.. Don't know what the hold up is.. Last beta version I ran was pretty darn stable.

Reactions: rrmccabe and taroh
I'm not DJI person, but I believe it's "soon." :)

Basically it's not so different from DJI Pilot app (but the name), especially "camera" menu... And old Pilot app has no problem with newer FW. Video editing method may have big difference. I think. :p

Ironically, the video editing stuff is of the least interest. I have no desire to try and edit video properly on the tablet... I'll stick with Premiere and AfterEffects on the computer.

I've read approx 70 posts here and on rcgroups of guys who have upgraded without the go app.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've read approx 70 posts here and on rcgroups of guys who have upgraded without the go app.

Ok. Thanks. I guess all of them are positive post? No problem arising. I took your last words to make a search by string "upgrading without the go app" Just to have a clear mind about it. Thanks again.

Yep. Happy flying.

I heard from a beta tester that it's in its final phase of testing and we should have it within a week or so.

They did this last time remember? How long did it take? I can't remember but they better hurry...

Ironically, the video editing stuff is of the least interest. I have no desire to try and edit video properly on the tablet... I'll stick with Premiere and AfterEffects on the computer.
There is no hurry here for the android version of GO. The FW upgrade didn't add anything of noticeable value, so the GO app isn't going to give you any features that you don't already have.

There is no hurry here for the android version of GO. The FW upgrade didn't add anything of noticeable value, so the GO app isn't going to give you any features that you don't already have.

A lot of the iOS users are reporting their devices running less hot, which leads to lagginess and crashing. Also one of the beta testers said the app ran more smoothly on his Android device compared to the current pilot app.

So I would say that definitely adds something of noticeable value.

it's coming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.