Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Reaction score
6b67098d6504af6858d0d3542ce87aff.png

Hey guys, I'm visiting California and I've always wanted to fly a beach. I am having a hard time figuring out how to fly here legally. I want to do things right but I'm having a hard time figuring things out. Thank you!

If you are flying hobby, that's the rule if you are within 5 miles. And remember that if the airport has a tower, you are to contact both the airport manager and the tower. I suspect that, like most of us, you will have a hard time getting hold of anyone at those heliports. Just take a bit, call the numbers and if someone answers, let them know that you will be flying, ingenral where and when. If no one answers, I would just make a note that you called and then go on. Might try calling the day before, just sit down and make all the calls in one session. Some, like the Santa Monica airport, might want you to call just before flying so just play nice with them. Bigger problem might be dealing with any local ordinances prohibiting flying!

Check out the coast north of Malibu. You should be able to find plenty of places to fly.

I was just being paranoid because of what other people had said.. I called the municipal airport and flew Santa Monica.. flying a beach was every bit as fun as I imagine it would be..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.