Any ground station users out there? Your input requested!

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I've been tinkering with new ground station functionality and was wondering if you can fly it past where you have a signal for your remote and it will still complete the mission? Example: I program the waypoints for 3000' away at 100' altitude and press GO. Will it go all the way out to the programmed waypoint or trigger its internal "go home" feature after losing connection? I'm not in a position to try it right now (the area I'm in doesn't have line of sight that extends past my controller range) and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Re: Any ground station users out there? Your input requeste

First of all the GS App won't accept a waypoint farther than 1,640 feet (500 meters) from the home point.

It will not go into failsafe upon losing the controller signal. It keeps going on the route. You don't have to go a long ways out to test this. Set up a route with 150 foot or so legs and turn off the controller when it 50 feet out on its mission.

Remember to turn the radio back on though because it doesn't land itself with the controller off. There is a "come back and land" button in the app, but I don't trust auto landings.

Sweet! Thanks Geert!

Debo said:
Howdy folks,

I've been tinkering with new ground station functionality and was wondering if you can fly it past where you have a signal for your remote and it will still complete the mission? Example: I program the waypoints for 3000' away at 100' altitude and press GO. Will it go all the way out to the programmed waypoint or trigger its internal "go home" feature after losing connection? I'm not in a position to try it right now (the area I'm in doesn't have line of sight that extends past my controller range) and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

I'm kinda disappointed in this. I played with it extensively but found the 500m limitation quite inadequate. Would land itself either. Ran the laid out course fine every time but just cam back to home and hovered over my head until I brought it down.

Took a bit if nerve to finally test it too. I kept having visions of the little airplane on the map just continuing away from me until it was off the grid, but it didn't. Someone needs to find a hack for this limitation thing though.

I started with this app on my Plus and was hooked on GS. Went to the 2.4 with Blue tooth and most recently to the 900Mhz. I truly believe this is the safest way to fly once you know your battery limitations and plot your missions carefully knowing elevation changes and possible obstacles. There is nothing quite like driving the Jeep to the top of the hill and sending the quad off on a 4 mile round trip while enjoying a cool beverage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj