Any good way to get proper flight data overlay on video, research use...

Reaction score
Hey

First off not sure if it makes sense to post here, can see only 4 rescent entries.... Anyhow i am using dji for research, but thinking about alternative platforms due to a large need for making video files wher i can overlay the actual flight data for analysis. Now i know of the manual way but that kind of syncin is not precise enough for my needs. Can it be done, or can the flight data be pulled out in a usable file, so that i can see them simultaneous with. A video with matching timecodes or video frames ?? Hope someone can help

Dashware provides an overlay, but it's a manual sync - not accurate.
You can switch on video caption in settings in DJI Go. That writes some data (GPS coords and a few other items - can't remember exactly which) to a SRT file - a caption file. You can read the 2 files in VLC media player - that may be a starting point for you.

As an alternative, you can export flight logs to healthydrones and/or phantomhelp log viewer and create Google Earth KML files, they can be interesting.

Dashware provides an overlay, but it's a manual sync - not accurate.
You can switch on video caption in settings in DJI Go. That writes some data (GPS coords and a few other items - can't remember exactly which) to a SRT file - a caption file. You can read the 2 files in VLC media player - that may be a starting point for you.

As an alternative, you can export flight logs to healthydrones and/or phantomhelp log viewer and create Google Earth KML files, they can be interesting.
Thx a bunch, great informations. My dream is something like dashware but precise and based on a real link between data and video

The latest firmware (on my P3S) generates a movie (MOV) and also an SRT file. SRT files are usually used for close-captions. In this specific case, the SRT contains 'some' flight data information.

I would think the Litchi screen recorder would work well for this. I don't recall if it's on iOS only. Apple is also suppose to finally have a screen recorder in iOS 11 this fall.

I would think the Litchi screen recorder would work well for this. I don't recall if it's on iOS only. Apple is also suppose to finally have a screen recorder in iOS 11 this fall.
iOS 11 does have a screen recorder at last, but it's in beta and it's very flaky, so don't trust it just yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues