Any good FPV glasses for under 500?

Reaction score
Now that the HDMI port is available for the P3 I was looking for a good pair of FPV glasses. Does anybody reccomend anything for under $500?

Now that the HDMI port is available for the P3 I was looking for a good pair of FPV glasses. Does anybody reccomend anything for under $500?

You need to check these out http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-fpv-glasses.42055/page-3#post-395721 I have a new version coming out that is specifically designed for the P3 (with hdmi board) and the Inspire, These are by far the best on the market. here is some info I just wrote to a private conversation.

I designed the original system to connect wirelessly to the pad or phone that was being used with the phantom, The original system was designed for the phantom 2 vision series, that had to connect wirelessy in most cases, due to the lack of video out on most devices.

The original system worked well, and was about the only alternative, that had the best connectivity to the largest number of devices, It of course had its limitations. The original system still worked with the phantom 3, and the Inspire, I have been waiting though for the hdmi out board to become available, for the P3, before releasing my latest version.

I have been testing with the inspire the last couple of weeks, as soon as my new shipment comes in I will be releasing the new version, I have been working with the factory in china, for a version designed specifically for the P3 (with Hdmi board) and Inspire. The picture is much better in the new version With redesigned circuitry and direct hdmi it is light years ahead of the old version with the P2.

There is no lag and the picture is very good , compared to other glasses these are hands down the best option. They are very thin and light weight , you can see above them and below them maintaining visual sight of the craft at all times , being able to see the pad and the picture in the glasses also, adds a perspective that other glasses cant.

The new version does not have a power supply, they draw their power from the hdmi out on the remote, plug them in and turn on the remote that is it. The screen format is 16x9 unlike other more expensive glasses and goggles, that have the 4x3 screen format. The glasses provide you with the illusion of a 98 in. screen at about 15 ft. based on 32 degree FOV. There is no vertigo affect . I will post more with a demo and some pictures.

@mtnmaddman
what price can we expect on the new version? and any ETA on when they will be released? also will they be usable without the HDMI board out on the controller?

Reactions: andy162
@mtnmaddman
what price can we expect on the new version? and any ETA on when they will be released? also will they be usable without the HDMI board out on the controller?
Hi Nick
The new version is great they do not have the usb power cable they plug directly into the hdmi out , they power right up and run, going to be the coolest system out there, new circuitry great picture I have been testing with the Inspire for the past couple of weeks, I think their ready to go, not a glitch, will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. I highly recommend to get the hdmi board for the p3, I can leave the usb cord if anyone would like. It is not needed when plugged directly into the hdmi board

Last edited:
Hi Nick
The new version is great they do not have the usb power cable they plug directly into the hdmi out , they power right up and run, going to be the coolest system out there, new circuitry great picture I have been testing with the Inspire for the past couple of weeks, I think their ready to go, not a glitch, will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. I highly recommend to get the hdmi board for the p3, I can leave the usb cord if anyone would like. It is not needed when plugged directly into the hdmi board

Will they be able to plug directly into an nvidia shield port and charge from that?

Will they be able to plug directly into an nvidia shield port and charge from that?
Huh I didnt even think of that, I had an Nvidia but I sold it, I dont know, check with your original pair if they work on the shield with out the power supply that may tell us something, at this point I am thinking that the power supply has to be used, with the shield, the new design is for the direct hdmi board, powers from remote, doesn't draw much power, let me know, if you try without power on shield.

Huh I didnt even think of that, I had an Nvidia but I sold it, I dont know, check with your original pair if they work on the shield with out the power supply that may tell us something, at this point I am thinking that the power supply has to be used, with the shield, the new design is for the direct hdmi board, powers from remote, doesn't draw much power, let me know, if you try without power on shield.

sold my first pair because they were too annoying to use with a power source and the nvidia shield, so I guess the answer is no haha

sold my first pair because they were too annoying to use with a power source and the nvidia shield, so I guess the answer is no haha
get the board you wont be sorry, you get a little different compilation of the telemetries and picture through the board, to the glasses, than what is on your screen, also when pulling up maps the fpv picture remains in the glasses and maps on the pad screen, I absolutely love using the new system, great expansion of the flight experience

I just ordered a set on Amazon for like $30. They are just like the VR Box goggles which are suppose to be pretty good. I'm sure they won't be as nice as the goggles talked about above. But the $30 price is a lot easier to swallow.

I'm not looking for anything super fancy. Just something that'll give me decent FPV in the mid daytime when the sun is so **** bright.

These will be on Ebay in about a week search for phantom 3 fpv video glasses, price 399.00 You must of course have the hdmi out board for the p3.

direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
direct hdmi connected 2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 565
Reactions: BWeaver
Did you know that you don't need the power source? I flew the nebulas with the inspire remote and a power source wasn't needed. The HDMI board will provide that on the phantom 3 remote if it's the same as the inspire board. Just FYI.

So how are these better/different than all the other hdmi fpv glasses that are available?

So how are these better/different than all the other hdmi fpv glasses that are available?
If you are referring to the nebulas, like in the photos above, they are LED and have a larger view than the cinemizers. Because they are LED, the quality is slightly less than OLED. Which the cinemizers are. I tried both and send the cinemizers back because they are a discontinued item. I kept these because they do work pretty well and picture quality is good. not great. The view felt right as compared to the cinemizers which where smaller view. I think the cinemizers were something like looking at a 42 inch screen at 10 feet in your living room whereas these are more like an 55 inch TV.

I think in 2016, the technilogy will be better. The HDMI board only puts put 720P. So, these excess those specs. There's no wavy lines. It's pretty clear. I use mine for sunny days. I think I'll have my eyes on the oculus after the first of the year. Headplay is another option, but personally, I couldn't use those in public. You just look like an idiot with them on. My opinion.

If you are referring to the nebulas, like in the photos above, they are LED and have a larger view than the cinemizers. Because they are LED, the quality is slightly less than OLED. Which the cinemizers are. I tried both and send the cinemizers back because they are a discontinued item. I kept these because they do work pretty well and picture quality is good. not great. The view felt right as compared to the cinemizers which where smaller view. I think the cinemizers were something like looking at a 42 inch screen at 10 feet in your living room whereas these are more like an 55 inch TV.

I think in 2016, the technology will be better. The HDMI board only puts put 720P. So, these excess those specs. There's no wavy lines. It's pretty clear. I use mine for sunny days. I think I'll have my eyes on the oculus after the first of the year. Headplay is another option, but personally, I couldn't use those in public. You just look like an idiot with them on. My opinion.

Not to worry delirious, I am going to sell a separate set of air tanks, to use with the headplay, and fatshark goggles. Thanks for your comments they are accurate, My new version plugs directly in to the hdmi out board, no power supply needed, the picture quality, Is a bit better (excluding the direct 720 connect) than the last version. Your comments still apply, the led will not be as good as the oled picture, however I am totally happy with the new version, They are very good out in the bright sun, and I really like the reformatted compilation of the telemetry info and picture through the hdmi board, I dont know but all things considered, on this platform it doesn't get any better than this

Did you know that you don't need the power source? I flew the nebulas with the inspire remote and a power source wasn't needed. The HDMI board will provide that on the phantom 3 remote if it's the same as the inspire board. Just FYI.
Yes, however the new version glasses has a new main processor and circuitry, the overall picture quality is a bit better, and I have eliminated the usb power cable.

Guys,

I had another chance to try a set of HeadPlay goggles with an Inspire 1 on Sunday.

This was my second experience with the HP's (mine should arrive this evening).

First, there is little or no sense of weight or bulk wearing the HP's. Second, the visual image was fantastic with superb color and clarity - equal to or better than the Zeiss Cinemizers which I also used. With the HP's I had no issues viewing the I1's telemetry either.

Also, though I normally wear reading glasses I had no issues with eye relief using the HP's.

Yes, the delivery times are a bit long, but at under $300 delivered they seem like a bargain, and the HP's include a 32 channel 5.8gHz Vtx for my traditional FPV quads.

These will start showing up in the classified ads on RCG as deliveries are increasing and some guys don't care for the visual experience, so you might be able to grab a set without waiting 45 - 60 days.

(BTW...I can confirm that the Fatshark Dominator V2's absolutely do not work with the I1 HDMI output and they will not work with the P3 HDMI board. The Dom HD's do work, however.)

:harry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.