Any glasses for P3A?

Reaction score
Hello there!

I just got the new HDMI accessory for the P3A, can you tell me if I can use any glasses ?

The Epsom, the cinemazer will work?

Forget the epsons, in my oppinion, the best option would be Fatshark Dominator HD, which has a built-in HDMI port. Overall performance is really good.
http://fatshark.com/product/1757.html

The only problem is, (I think) you will always have to take someone flying with you to see the telemetry on iPad, since it won't be shown within the HDMI port.
I'm not a P3 user, so I don't know exactly if it doesn't shows the telemetry, but if it doesn't, you've gotta take this tough decision. I've bought myself some cheap FPV goggles without telemetry and I wasn't confident of flying at all. I couldn't see what was really happening.

Can't you use an hdmi adaptor from the iPad directly to the goggles and avoid the hdmi module and see everything that's on the iPad screen including telemetry?

Hello there!

I just got the new HDMI accessory for the P3A, can you tell me if I can use any glasses ?

The Epsom, the cinemazer will work?

If you've got some cash Zeis goggles are your best or one of the best options. Fat shark goggles won't accept a 720p input via hdmi as far as I know. Hands down if you have the money just go with the Zeis cinemizer

Thanks Jeff. So let me see if I got it. I should buy this cable, and then connect the glasses. But the glasses you use are?

Holy Crap! Those Zeiss's really $800?! Plus $200 for head movement kit, and another $40 for the shield. Plus the $100 for the HDMI retrofit on the RC. Chalk up another $1200 to get into FPV!! Hmmmm............. I wonder which credit card has the lowest balance........................

Reactions: Itay
See? Zeiss ain't worth this much. I'd go with Dominator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are three goggle solutions for the P3 with the HDMI board:

The HeadPlay HD "goggles" - more like a full face helmet. Excellent cinematic performance with a built in 32 channel 5.8gHz VRx for traditional FPV use. T\hese look dorky but are light and work pretty well. $250.00

The Fat Shark Dominator HD goggles. Now technically discontinued as the Dominator HD V2's are due out in about a month. There are still many available for sale at somewhat of a discount. Fully immersive video experience. The best choice for FPV IMHO. About $550.

Zeiss Cinemizers. Also discontinued. Still pricey, even used.

:harry

Reactions: ScottyT and gfo315
There are three goggle solutions for the P3 with the HDMI board:

The HeadPlay HD "goggles" - more like a full face helmet. Excellent cinematic performance with a built in 32 channel 5.8gHz VRx for traditional FPV use. T\hese look dorky but are light and work pretty well. $250.00

The Fat Shark Dominator HD goggles. Now technically discontinued as the Dominator HD V2's are due out in about a month. There are still many available for sale at somewhat of a discount. Fully immersive video experience. The best choice for FPV IMHO. About $550.

Thanks for that. Agree the HeadPlay's look well dorky - didn't realise they were that cheap though. Hmmmm.

Was wanting an all in one solution FPV racing/P3 hdmi/Misc big-screen-movie use so would prefer a higher resolution pair of goggles.

What improvements are the Dominator HD V2 likely to offer?

Reactions: mtnmaddman
Thanks for that. Agree the HeadPlay's look well dorky - didn't realise they were that cheap though. Hmmmm.

Was wanting an all in one solution FPV racing/P3 hdmi/Misc big-screen-movie use so would prefer a higher resolution pair of goggles.

I believe that the main improvement will be the use of glass lenses as opposed to the plastic ones used now. The Dom V2's that are for sale now use glass lenses and look great.

There has also been some talk that the FOV of the HD's will be increased. I find the current FOV to be about right for FPV flight. Race guys seem to prefer a smaller FOV as it helps their race flying.

I'm just trying to understand... I'm thinking of getting the Cinemizer 1909-127 OLED Multimedia Video Glasses for use with my Starm Racing Drone, but also for me Phantom 3 Pro. But to use it, I need to also buy the DJI HDMI accessory as well? Is it (DJI HDMI Accessory) available anywhere other than direct from DJI, because I despise their shipping policies...

ADDENDUM: I just saw a video of someone using an Nvidia Shield tablet (which I have) that already has a Mini-HDMI outlet... So with an appropriate cable, I shouldn't need an additional HDMI output pack...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
I'm just trying to understand... I'm thinking of getting the Cinemizer 1909-127 OLED Multimedia Video Glasses for use with my Starm Racing Drone, but also for me Phantom 3 Pro. But to use it, I need to also buy the DJI HDMI accessory as well? Is it (DJI HDMI Accessory) available anywhere other than direct from DJI, because I despise their shipping policies...

ADDENDUM: I just saw a video of someone using an Nvidia Shield tablet (which I have) that already has a Mini-HDMI outlet... So with an appropriate cable, I shouldn't need an additional HDMI output pack...

You've got it right.

Guys are successfully using the Nvidia Shield HDMI output to provide a mirror of the primary image and telemetry that we normally get from the P3. Look around for info on what their experience has been but it seems to be very positive.

The P3 HDMI board will provide a separate video feed for goggles / monitors for that accept an HDMI input and also support the output resolution. One thing to consider is that with a separate video feed that is not tied to a tablet you might avoid or reduce video stuttering or increased latency.

AHAIK there are no US dealers with stock. I ordered from DJI in hopes of getting at the "front of the line." Who knows on that one...

I recommend you see if you can try a set of Cinemizers on with a live FPV video feed even if it's static.
Little things like eye relief and IPD adjustment make a big difference when you're flying FPV.

I went ahead and ordered the HDMI output accessory as well, just in case the lag from the tablet to the glasses is too much...

Scotty my glasses are by far the best out of any of these my latest version will be available in about 2 weeks best on the market accept 720 and 1080 p input best resolution much better that cinemizer better format 399.00

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20