Any benefit to the older/noisier Phantom 4 propellers?

Reaction score
Met a guy a few days ago, filming my neighbor's house for the realtor (yeah, he had his 107). He was using a Phantom 4 Pro v2 but from a few feet away I assumed it was version 1 since he was running the older/noisier straight-tip propellers. When I asked him about that he said they make the drone a bit more stable in windy conditions. I have no reason to doubt him but I had never heard anything like that before. So, what say you? Is there any true benefit to the original style P4 propellers over the later quieter version?

Met a guy a few days ago, filming my neighbor's house for the realtor (yeah, he had his 107). He was using a Phantom 4 Pro v2 but from a few feet away I assumed it was version 1 since he was running the older/noisier straight-tip propellers. When I asked him about that he said they make the drone a bit more stable in windy conditions. I have no reason to doubt him but I had never heard anything like that before. So, what say you? Is there any true benefit to the original style P4 propellers over the later quieter version?
Yip I stay with straight props,low noise or so called low noise tend to be not so steady in the wind,,myself is sure it's the width catching more wind making it upset,I cant see these at all making things more stable, they push way more air which you can test just by low flight leave blowing,

Reactions: joshua adam howell
Maybe right but I haven't had any problems with the stability. Maybe in strong wind but I rather not fly in that.
But I like the noise of those curved props although it's not 'Lo-No'

I use the originals for most flights for stability. The low noise (lower pitch sound) I use around people if needed. They cause more wobble when stopping, descending, or in high winds but otherwise are safe.

I tried the v2 props on my P4Pv1 and think I noticed slightly lower noise, but it might have been my imagination. I didn't notice any discernable difference in flying performance. I did however definitely notice that the bottom of the props sometimes lightly scraped the top of the drone's fuselage leaving marks that could be wiped away but would reappear after subsequent flights. (I am sometimes heavy handed on the controls, but that never happened with the v1 props.) When removing the v2 props, I noticed a white powdery residue on the prop mounts of the motors and the prop hubs themselves looked slightly worn unlike the v1 prop hubs. So I'm back to the v1 props with no complaints and the v2 props are relegated as spares.

I tried the v2 props on my P4Pv1 and think I noticed slightly lower noise, but it might have been my imagination. I didn't notice any discernable difference in flying performance. I did however definitely notice that the bottom of the props sometimes lightly scraped the top of the drone's fuselage leaving marks that could be wiped away but would reappear after subsequent flights. (I am sometimes heavy handed on the controls, but that never happened with the v1 props.) When removing the v2 props, I noticed a white powdery residue on the prop mounts of the motors and the prop hubs themselves looked slightly worn unlike the v1 prop hubs. So I'm back to the v1 props with no complaints and the v2 props are relegated as spares.
That is really interesting. Props are wider and when flying fast they maybe bend a little just enough to touch the shell. That's guessing, not sure.
I just checked my P4P - no scraps and fly with LO-NO props all the time.

Reactions: Capt KO
That is really interesting. Props are wider and when flying fast they maybe bend a little just enough to touch the shell. That's guessing, not sure.
I just checked my P4P - no scraps and fly with LO-NO props all the time.
Me too. Wonder if they might be aftermarket. Have a couple sets myself, that will Never be installed. 1 set flies off, the other is so thin it’s scary. (Came with used drones) lol
OEM believer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4