Any battery (or battery connector) problems with Phantom 2?

Reaction score
When the Phantom Vision was released I remember seeing posts about Phantoms that had dropped dead from the air down to the ground. Many people said that it had something to do with the battery or the battery connector. Dont know if the earliest firmwares had a logic of turning the engines off if it had any problems (bad connection for a certain amount of milliseconds, voltage changes etc.). Because the later firmware updates made your smartphone to receive battery failure type of notification asking you to land immediately, which might tell about change in the logic/behavior that Naza had if battery failure (voltage etc.) had occured.

The question is:
-Has your Phantom 2 (or vision) or someone that you know dropped dead because of the battery?
-Are you aware of the error message that you might receive with Vision?
-If you are aware of the problem exisiting, do you know what has been done?
-What are your overall experiences of the P2(vision) battery?

Re: Any battery (or battery connector) problems with Phantom

Miika said:
When the Phantom Vision was released I remember seeing posts about Phantoms that had dropped dead from the air down to the ground. Many people said that it had something to do with the battery or the battery connector. Dont know if the earliest firmwares had a logic of turning the engines off if it had any problems (bad connection for a certain amount of milliseconds, voltage changes etc.). Because the later firmware updates made your smartphone to receive battery failure type of notification asking you to land immediately, which might tell about change in the logic/behavior that Naza had if battery failure (voltage etc.) had occured.

The question is:
-Has your Phantom 2 (or vision) or someone that you know dropped dead because of the battery?
-Are you aware of the error message that you might receive with Vision?
-If you are aware of the problem exisiting, do you know what has been done?
-What are your overall experiences of the P2(vision) battery?

This has been fixed in firmware for both P2 and P2V where they will still fly even without valid battery information. There have been some cases of bad battery cells causing premature auto-landing but these have been very limited so far and the result is manageable.

One other issue some of the early ones had was also the data connector pins which dji upgraded. The old style pins had a rounded point on them and then they came out with a new design that has a crowned shaped end on the pins and also they made them stick out almost about 1mm longer and a stiffer spring on them. So that they make much muck battery contact with the data pads on the battery.

and I just noticed yesterday with my phantom 3 that I just got that they improved the design even more. Now they have a wider data pad on the battery and 2 separate crowed pins that contact each of the two pads so that if for any reason one pin loses contact the other will still make contact and hopefully the issue should never ever pop up on the p3s now. at all.

My phantom 2 shuts off sometimes but the battery stays on. Could this be a connection issue ? No fpv...Caused a few crashes now and battery always has juice, it's just the motors and lights shut off.

My phantom 2 shuts off sometimes but the battery stays on. Could this be a connection issue ? No fpv...Caused a few crashes now and battery always has juice, it's just the motors and lights shut off.

There was no need to post again

????? What if someone in this post never seen the thread I started ? The ideas in this thread may have something to do with my problem.

Look there are very few of us left who fly P2's as many have moved on, dropped out or do not bother. While the problem you are having may seen unique to you it can only one of three things causing it cold solder connection in the B+ power lines, an intermittent Naza module or a defective main board. Since you have no idea and probably no electronic background instead of throwing money at this contact DJI for an RMA and send it to them for repair as it will cheaper for you in the long run.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj