Anti Flicker Settings

Reaction score
I have looked and looked but found no clear answer. What should the Anti Flicker setting be in the Dji App? Auto? 50hz? or 60hz? I am using the NTSC video setting.

60Hz is what I use with NTSC

I noticed yesterday that with the new FW (1.7) the anti flicker will not change from 50hz! When I try to select Either auto or 60hz, (I'm in the US) it immediately bounces back to 50hz.
I have selected NTSC already.. Anyone else confirm this?

Just opening and changing the dji go app settings on the device does nothing, they just revert back when app is closed.

You must change all settings while RC/tablet/bird are all linked together, like when you are ready to lift off and fly.

I changed all my settings including camera with no issues.

Well at least for me, I was making camera adjustments with everything ready to fly as you mentioned. (Except props off as I was only snapping pics to make changes to the camera settings). I deleted the go app and reinstalled again, but with the same result. Thanks for your suggestions though Air O!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me try mine again and I will holla back in a second......

I powered up everything, got the safe to fly no gps( I'm inside), went to video icon to check/ verify I was on NTSC then to tool icon and swapped back and forth between 50Hz and 60Hz with no problem.

It should be set to the supply frequency where you are shooting your video.

It is important when you are doing indoor video shooting with fluorescent lamps for lighting. No special setting is needed for still pictures.

I powered up everything, got the safe to fly no gps( I'm inside), went to video icon to check/ verify I was on NTSC then to tool icon and swapped back and forth between 50Hz and 60Hz with no problem.
Thanks for checking Air O! I must have a setting wrong somewhere so I'll check again when I get home tonight.
I know I tried several different settings yesterday, but I definitely couldn't get 60hz or auto to stick.. It immediately flashed back to 50hz no matter what I tried.
Appreciate the help [emoji106]

Thanks for checking Air O! I must have a setting wrong somewhere so I'll check again when I get home tonight.
I know I tried several different settings yesterday, but I definitely couldn't get 60hz or auto to stick.. It immediately flashed back to 50hz no matter what I tried.
Appreciate the help [emoji106]

Mine does the same thing!!

Mine does the same thing!!
Well an update, I also have the autopilot app and tried to change the setting there - same thing! So I would rule out the Go app as the problem.
Maybe a bad FW upload to the P3. I'll try to reload and see if that changes things.. Will report back soon

Mine was initially dimmed out and apparently stuck on 50hz, but when I Powered Off my phone and restarted it, it was back on and I was able to switch between the choices, 50 hz, 60 hz, and auto.

I'm having the same issue! I'm in the US. Has anyone fixed this issue? I'm going to go to the firmware before this last one and see if that helps.

The recent firmware update corrected the anti flicker adjustment settings sticking. Always Stay updated with the latest firmware to keep ahead of the general pack. ;-)
Advise that Works well for me, with my "trouble free drone"!!

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
To change the anti-flicker settings, you need to be in Auto Settings mode. Then when you switch to Manual mode (where you can change shutter speed and ISO), you will have the anti-flicker setting that chose in Auto (50Hz or 60Hz). But you need to go back to Auto Mode if you want to switch it again.

Hi @Huma1894,
Well come on in, to the forum and extended Phantom Family.
Good to greet and meet new members who join the flock.
Thanks for sharing helpful info, in your very first post here. ;-)

Enjoy your drone, and the time well spent, while on the forum.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4