Antennas for FPV recommendation

Reaction score
So I'm at the point where I can put together parts to add to my P2 for FPV. I'm going with the ImmersionRC 600, iOSD Mini, Black Pearl 7 channel screen, and also the solder-free cable to put it together.

My biggest question is the antennas. I see a lot of people like the Spironet, and even FatShark, but when I look them up it seems there are so many choices, as well as seeing that the Black Pearl has 2 different antenna connectors. So I was wondering if one (or more) of you great folk here can not only make a recommendation, but maybe links to your choices as well.

I am so looking forward to putting this together...

So I'm at the point where I can put together parts to add to my P2 for FPV. I'm going with the ImmersionRC 600, iOSD Mini, Black Pearl 7 channel screen, and also the solder-free cable to put it together.

My biggest question is the antennas. I see a lot of people like the Spironet, and even FatShark, but when I look them up it seems there are so many choices, as well as seeing that the Black Pearl has 2 different antenna connectors. So I was wondering if one (or more) of you great folk here can not only make a recommendation, but maybe links to your choices as well.

I am so looking forward to putting this together...

Why not try with the stock antennas and see how they work out before buying different antennas which can cost plenty and may not work any better.

Stock controller antenna is capable LOS 3.2 miles (at least thats as far as mine would go)
Which is far enough for most people! I use this combination on black pearl and get full color tv past 2 miles
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441126390.694517.jpg

Are those cardboard tubes with vinyl tape on them? Or do the aluminum foil on the inside too?

I've tried many combos on the top of the blackpearl, so far the clearest reception has been from amoway 5 turn on one side & flysight 11 dbi panel on other. Got color feed for 3 miles then static but fpv out another mile for a total of 4.4.
If someone finds good combo i'm still looking. Got the 15dbi 15 turn 5.8 supercannon on its way as well as a 5.8 14dbi panel. Will post results

I've tried many combos on the top of the blackpearl, so far the clearest reception has been from amoway 5 turn on one side & flysight 11 dbi panel on other. Got color feed for 3 miles then static but fpv out another mile for a total of 4.4.
If someone finds good combo i'm still looking. Got the 15dbi 15 turn 5.8 supercannon on its way as well as a 5.8 14dbi panel. Will post results
Hey man I can't find those antennas do u have a link pls, thx...

Why not try with the stock antennas and see how they work out before buying different antennas which can cost plenty and may not work any better.

Stock antennas are crap. I get interference as soon as I leave the ground. I ordered a pair of FatShark Spironet antennas, should arrive today. We'll see how that works...

Stock antennas are crap. I get interference as soon as I leave the ground. I ordered a pair of FatShark Spironet antennas, should arrive today. We'll see how that works...
Have those, but make sure u buy with the right plug, i mean, i have to buy an adapter to use it with the blackpearl monitor RF coaxial coax adapter SMA female to RP-SMA male

Have those, but make sure u buy with the right plug, i mean, i have to buy an adapter to use it with the blackpearl monitor RF coaxial coax adapter SMA female to RP-SMA male

Lol... yea, I thought of that, so I ordered some adapters at the same time, just in case. Only cost $4.50, so figured why not... if I don't need them I'm not out too much cash... I'm still new at this, so I still haven't fully grasped the antenna thing yet.

Thanks for the reply :)

Lol... yea, I thought of that, so I ordered some adapters at the same time, just in case. Only cost $4.50, so figured why not... if I don't need them I'm not out too much cash... I'm still new at this, so I still haven't fully grasped the antenna thing yet.

Thanks for the reply :)
Also if u r going to order the BP monitor look for the bracket mount doesn't come with it, you're welcome....

Also if u r going to order the BP monitor look for the bracket mount doesn't come with it, you're welcome....

Already have the BP, 7-channel, and got the Flysight mount, already attached to my RC. Thanks... ;)

If you don't mind spending $80 on an antenna get the
Circular Wireless 5.8 GHz HELIAXIAL58 RCHP 12dBic Helical Antenna

The patch antenna from Fatshark is great too.. Just make sure you have both a "Right Hand circular polarized" antenna on your transmitter too. Some of the RHCP patch antennas on ebay work just as well as the expensive fat shark one.

simple question....why I cant go more the 150 meter with FPV, What I need to do to a least 1/2 mile??? help me guys thx....
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442508064.306241.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442508074.393344.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj