Antenna placement of air end on P2

Reaction score
Hey ground station users! Just picked up a 2.4 ghz data link and use my iPad for the ground station. I updated all the firmware for the datalink. (air end, ground end, and BTU). I installed the air end inside the shell of the phantom, and put the two antennas through through the vents on the side of the phantom and put them at a 90 degree angle. (The best I could)
I went out to test the ground station app and I did a 4 waypoint box at 100 feet and I lost connection with the "air end" by the second waypoint. All the videos I've watched online show the drone flying the entire mission and it never losses connection with the ground station. I know the data links range is limited, but I lost connection at 100 feet. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I've heard a few other people talk about loss of connection, so this will be a good place to help each other out and explain our antenna placement and if it works or not.

Unfortunately, that is the problem...any Phantom 2 firmware 3.06 or newer causes terrible reception with the DJI datalink. I have submitted this issue to DJI tech support and I am awaiting a response.

-Scott

Scottystl said:
Unfortunately, that is the problem...any Phantom 2 firmware 3.06 or newer causes terrible reception with the DJI datalink. I have submitted this issue to DJI tech support and I am awaiting a response.

-Scott

Interesting, I hadn't seen anything about that. What about the firmware has an impact on GS reception?

Wait. Seriously. Explain the effects it has on the ground station and how much better reception would I get if it wasn't an issie

On firmware's 3.04 and earlier I got great rececption on both my Phantom 2's (both running 2 different data links). I could go out in some cases as far as 4000+ft away and still have a connection with groundstation. Now since 3.06 and 3.08 if the phantom 2 is 50 feet away it has a problem uploading the mission sometimes, and once it does, I lose connectivity under 1000 feet away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik