Antenna Pinouts and Compass Problem

Reaction score
Does anyone know which landing gear antenna goes to which pin on the board located under the sonar? There are for pins numbered on the board 1-4. I had to replace the shell yesterday and in lieu of removing each antenna fom the gear i elected (dumb me) to remove the sonar cover and circuit board and disconnecting each pin from the board itself. thought it would save time by not switching out gear. Now I'm getting a compass error and won't calibrate. I keep getting strong electrical interference error. So either I damaged the compass cable, connector or compass itself, or the compass is being adversely effected by the attennas from each leg being attached to the wrong pin on the board.

Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciated. FYI- the aircraft simply sits and beebs twice constently and rear LED's blink red to green front LED's solid red. firmware on bird and remote are both up to date.

Attachments

• antenna pinouts.pdf
    959.1 KB · Views: 303
That's the OFDM receiver module. Take a look at this video and see if it helps you.

Since those are for 4 antennas attached to 4 legs, I don't think it matters which one goes to which as long as the cables can reach.

There are also 2 pictures in this post.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/530057/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input. I have checked the compass cable, board and connector all looks good but that means nothing. I ordered a new compass and cable see what that does. I've owned a phantom 4 for months, so haven't kept up with 3 series at all. Tried to use DJI assistant on the 3, so I'm guessing they are not compatible as it wouldn't recognize the 3. Really feel it's not a hardware issue. If i had the ability to factory reset then reinstall latest firmware I could clear the issue. It has been months since I started the 3. The controller took an update through the app. It seemed to go well. Then I unpdated firmware by formatting micro SD, text file confirmed it all went fine. Strange. Thanks again.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thank you for the input. I have checked the compass cable, board and connector all looks good but that means nothing. I ordered a new compass and cable see what that does. I've owned a phantom 4 for months, so haven't kept up with 3 series at all. Tried to use DJI assistant on the 3, so I'm guessing they are not compatible as it wouldn't recognize the 3. Really feel it's not a hardware issue. If i had the ability to factory reset then reinstall latest firmware I could clear the issue. It has been months since I started the 3. The controller took an update through the app. It seemed to go well. Then I unpdated firmware by formatting micro SD, text file confirmed it all went fine. Strange. Thanks again.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Knowing a bit about RF being a ham for 30 years, as I think about it, the aircraft doesn't just recieve it also transmits. So it may do both from each pin; I'm wondering now if two may be transmit and two receive. Guess I'll call DJI and see if they can shed some light on this. Thanks again for the response and help.

Ok well the pinout problem has been solved. I ended up removing the antennas from each leg and sure enough each antenna was labeled 1 thru 4. So now I can at least insure the antenna configuration matches the corresponding connector on the board. Reconnecting now correctly. I'll let you all know if this corrects my compass error issue.

So for everyone's further reference the the antennas are configured like this.....looking down on the aircraft with the front of the craft facing you the left front antenna is No. 1 then moving counterclockwise around the craft its simply 2, 3 and 4. With 4 being the leg with compass. Hope this helps anyone else they needs to attach the antenna leads to module.

Update. Well the pin-out information provided above is correct. Aircraft receiving fine now. However still had compass problem. I'm not sure what the problem was with the compass but purchased a replacement and all is well. I must have damaged the connector or cable during the new shell install. I guess i also could have damaged it with a magnetic screw driver. I did try fix it with another magnet but that didn't work. Anyway a new compass did the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers