Antenna Options

Reaction score
I have this set-up from fpvlr.com.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446517530.165404.jpg

I added the voltage monitor myself.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446517588.614109.jpg

As you know when you upgrade with these kits you disable the factory antennas on the controller. I don't always go for long flights so I was wondering that instead of mounting the bulky long range kit each time I fly could I not just buy another set of 2.4 GHZ antennas that would screw into the same antenna ports as the long range upgrade uses. I was thinking these from the same company.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446517927.528043.jpg

Show us the DBS antennas now.

I thought it said Antenna Options. I was just waiting to see what was coming up next. My mistake.

I went on E-Bay and got the windsurfer kit. I have flown 2 1/2 miles out with full bars. Only turned around then because the controller told me too, Because of battery power to get back.

DJI Phantom 3/ Inspire 1 Controller/Video Antenna Range Booster KIT Windsurfer

Seller information
dwet6162 (734 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
Visit store: Dynamic 3D Solution

Item Information
Item condition: New
Price: US $17.99

Oh ok, I do like the DBS however I'm not sure they are amplified.

It's not difficult to add amps as long as the antennas can handle them.

What I'm asking is can I use a Second pair of antennas for when I don't need or want to use the long range set-up.

I've just had the itelite fitted should be back with me tomorrow. ..

I am not always into long range flights and I have DBS mods, I would like to have a set of collapasible antennas that screw into the DBS connections that are like the ones on DJI RC. Anyone go any ideas?

actually the V.2 kit outperforms the DBS kit a good 30%, so to answer your question, that's not the case, also our antennas are elliptically polarized and we rotate the antenna in a way that you get the highest gain with LP on the other end, so we only lose about 1.8dB, and we gain more in consistency and ability to pick up signals that are horizontally polarized and bounced signals, much better than a LP antenna would be able to do.

6.26 mile flight was with no amplifiers, just our V.2 kit for 154$

Hello there FPVLR, I ask this same question on your web site but have not got a response. So how about it, do you sell a pair of antennas that will screw into the FPVLR connections that I installed? Which ones would you recommend?

actually the V.2 kit outperforms the DBS kit a good 30%, so to answer your question, that's not the case, also our antennas are elliptically polarized and we rotate the antenna in a way that you get the highest gain with LP on the other end, so we only lose about 1.8dB, and we gain more in consistency and ability to pick up signals that are horizontally polarized and bounced signals, much better than a LP antenna would be able to do.

6.26 mile flight was with no amplifiers, just our V.2 kit for 154$
Nice antennas and a nice kit, but too large for me. I went with the DBS kit because of the much smaller profile, easy and fast to detach and small enough to fit in my backpack without issue. But I too am looking for a set of di-poles that can be used for close-in flying.

Hello there FPVLR, I ask this same question on your web site but have not got a response. So how about it, do you sell a pair of antennas that will screw into the FPVLR connections that I installed? Which ones would you recommend?
Hey klawtrax, I'm with you on this question. I also would consider an optional long range antenna setup if there was a good folding antenna option that fits into a backpack for 80% of my flying needs. The convenience of folding antennas is very important to me, but I don't think FPVLR or DBS will answer this question. They likely think it's a conflict of interest, but in reality it's not. Adding a folding antenna to their kit would be awesome, recommending the best folding screw on antenna. Maybe RF GUY will chime in here, since he's got the expertise and equipment to recommend a folding SMA screw on antenna with the best gain, as a swap out alternative to FPVLR and DBS antennas for quick backpack storage. Since there are a couple of screw on COTS antennas available it's just a matter of testing with a DB meter, I would think. I'm interested in the shorter white one shown on a previous post link in this thread, mimicking the stock antenna. The grey folding antenna at 7" long seems too long to fold and store in a backpack conveniently. The stock antenna is 5" long. So a comparison in DB gain with that white screw on antenna versus the stock would be very helpful. If it's no worse than stock, that's what would convince me to buy a DBS or FPLVR antenna kit for those super long flights. After all, it's a big decision to void the warranty to install these kits, that's why I'm using the windsurfer 3D printed reflectors for now, good for over 2miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Schroeppel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20