Antenna mods in the UK

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So far, I haven't really tinkered around too much with my P2V+, aside from opening her up and doing the foil mod (which I can whole heartedly recommend). However, I'm now thinking about modding the antennas, possibly both FPV and TX.

I've seen some listings on eBay for antennas etc, but I'm curious as to what other UK modders have used? Also, I see the antennas are relatively cheap on eBay / Amazon, but ones from Horizon and FPVflyer are really quite expensive - I'm sure there's probably a reason for that, but I'm quite ignorant to all of this at the moment and I was wondering what the differences are.

Thanks for any help

I'm in the UK and got the FPVflyer antennas from Tony. Really impressed with them and they are certainly worth the money.

Thanks for the responses guys.

The price puts me off a little bit (for now), especially when compared to eBay kits.. then again, I guess the eBay ones might have crappy build quality.

I would say the eBay specials will give you mixed results at best. One set may work and another poor. Its the lack of consistency and quality control you get from the cheap ones that pushes most people to purchase hand tuned ones.

What sort of distance are you looking to get?

Hi ilovecoffee

Fpvlr sells in the US, I think horizon also has a distributer there, not sure about Canada though

FPVLR said:
Brammo said:
Hi ilovecoffee

Fpvlr sells in the US, I think horizon also has a distributer there, not sure about Canada though

FpVLR has a distributor in the UK it's EFPV.CO.UK

:D

ask them for stage 2 antennas and you shall receive.
TOny.

Thanks, I sent them an email - couldn't see the kits on their website

You could try the cheaper option first - I just managed 8223ft with stock antennas and Phantom!!

I used this foil antenna mod for 5.8Ghz boost here: http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/te ... index.html (made good use of the foil tape I bought from Screwfix for the GPS mod, along with a cereal box for the antenna shape).

And I used the FPV Booster App here for the 2.4Ghz video link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496

Being in the middle of nowhere with no interference helps as this distance was achieved in Scotland overlooking a valley. Back home in a rural area that had wifi interference I could 'only' manage 4500ft. :)

FPVLR said:
Brammo said:
Hi ilovecoffee

FpVLR has a distributor in the UK it's EFPV.CO.UK

:D

ask them for stage 2 antennas and you shall receive.
TOny.

Alas, no response as of yet - you need more UK distributors! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik