Antenna location on Phantom 2 Vision+(Plus)

Reaction score
Can someone please post a picture or two on the location of the RC reciever antennas on the phantom itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx!

Under the hood of the P2V+

The receiver is mounted under the main board held by those two screws.

See the actual antennas inside the battery opening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 914
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 970
RC antenna's running down in the legs of the bird. They just hang lose and aren't connected to something. There are 2.
Wifi antenna's are the green squares in the battery case with the white arrow on it pointing forwards. Also 2 pieces

Thanks a lot.

One more question.

Does anyone know what can be used to remove the black glue/epoxy that holds on the antenna connector to the pc board.

Thanks again.

an exacto knife and extreme patience...took me about 30 minutes.

GRCT42 said:
Thanks a lot.

One more question.

Does anyone know what can be used to remove the black glue/epoxy that holds on the antenna connector to the pc board.

Thanks again.

holding a nail polish remover (Acetone... in fact, if you can get pure acetone it would be even better) soaked qtip against the glue every so often helps soften it and allows it to crumble off in bigger pieces as you cut. It is helpful, but certainly doesn't make the process easy. Be very patient. Be very careful. It's very doable, though.

GRCT42 said:
Thanks a lot.

One more question.

Thanks again.

That black epoxy kryptonite is a real pain to remove without damaging the antenna connectors. Trust me, I speak from painful experience. I'd say for the average modeler, there's a better than 50% chance that you'll need this link: http://www.amain.com/DJI-Phantom-2-Visi ... oCoYjw_wcB

IMHO

tmc6663 said:
an exacto knife and extreme patience...took me about 30 minutes.

Some say acetone / nail polish remover softens the epoxy based concrete like glue.
I used a hobby knife placed aside the connector and craped gently away the glue with sideway movement.
It toke me 20 min to do one.
After it was almost removed i toke a nose needle pliers and toke the u-fl connector between it in the direction of the coax ( on the other side ) and i first tried to turn the connector. If it turns on the pcb socket then you can be sure it can be popped off.
Take extreme caution ! its not a job for the faint @ heart.

All removed and no damage... took forever tho, it appears that the acetone did help in softening the black epoxy a little... " TAKE YOUR TIME"

Thanks again all for your assistance.

GRCT42 said:
All removed and no damage... took forever tho, it appears that the acetone did help in softening the black epoxy a little... " TAKE YOUR TIME"

Thanks again all for your assistance.

Great work! It's easy street from here on in!

Gr8Chef said:
GRCT42 said:
Thanks a lot.

One more question.

Thanks again.

That black epoxy kryptonite is a real pain to remove without damaging the antenna connectors. Trust me, I speak from painful experience. I'd say for the average modeler, there's a better than 50% chance that you'll need this link: http://www.amain.com/DJI-Phantom-2-Visi ... oCoYjw_wcB

IMHO

LOL... Considering they're currently out of stock, I'd say a fair few people have said: Oooops! *#%&@#.. it....

Im seeing on some sites that their is a different part number for the vision receiver vs the vision plus receiver. Does anyone know if there is actually a difference between the two boards? Are they the same piece being sold with 2 different part numbers? I did verify that both numbers listed is for the 5.8 end...

Gr8Chef said:

Only trouble is the replacement arrives with the antenna pre-glued with the same stuff! :shock:

Dirty Bird said:
Gr8Chef said:

Only trouble is the replacement arrives with the antenna pre-glued with the same stuff! :shock:

Oh, that's a sick joke. I assumed not, for some reason.

sidebox said:

Unfortunately not. If you buy a new receiver, it will arrive with the antenna already attached and the same ghoulish black glue already applied. I don't know WTH the folks at DJI were thinking when they decided on that crap! :?

Dirty Bird said:
sidebox said:

Unfortunately not. If you buy a new receiver, it will arrive with the antenna already attached and the same ghoulish black glue already applied. I don't know WTH the folks at DJI were thinking when they decided on that crap! :?

I have done several successful antenna removals for the 5.8 receiver and have them available at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261593675668.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20