Antenna fpv

I would say both are probably equal.
The big question is what type of BP monitor do you have?
If its the 32 ch model then neither will be correct as the 32 CH Bp monitor is a RP-SMA connector.
The 7 CH BP monitor is a SMA connector so they would work.
The Immersion Vtx is also SMA.

Tom

tom3holer said:
The big question is what type of BP monitor do you have?
If its the 32 ch model then neither will be correct as the 32 CH Bp monitor is a RP-SMA connector.
The 7 CH BP monitor is a SMA connector so they would work.
The Immersion Vtx is also SMA.

Tom

I am not sure why this keeps getting said as fact as the 32 channel does come in SMA as well (I have one) as do many other members. Maybe in the US it's less common but best to check the connector to double check what you have or email the vendor first. If you get the 32 channel BP from the same place you are thinking of getting the antennas from in your first post it will be SMA:-
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/screen ... th-battery

Sorry,

I was told by my vendor here in the US. that the 32 ch was RP-SMA and the 7 CH which works better with the immersion Vtx comes with SMA connections.

Tom

No worries Tom its all good. I think it's a US thingv ;)

Xgeek,

I just checked the spec sheet and it does say its available in either SMA or RP-SMA.

What I don't quite understand is this statement by the very respectable Range Video whom I have used many times.

"The RP-SMA version is 32 channels and works best with Flysight 5.8GHz transmitters; either the 400mW or 1200mW will work great.
The SMA version is 7 channels (BAND F only) specifically designed to have best performance on Fatshark/ImmersionRC frequencies.
1. Can I use Immersion RC / Fatshark video transmitters with the 32 channel RP-SMA BlackPearl? YES ! You can, but the performance (range) will not be as good as with the dedicated 7 channel SMA Black Pearl."

It is suggesting that the 7ch version has better sensitivity for Immersion/Fat shark freqs perhaps due to being able to tweak the Rx for a more limited range of freqs.

Have you ever heard of this?

I have had both. The 32 ch after a short time the down button quit and Range Video most graciously sent me a 7 ch version.
I can't say I see much difference in Rang however.

Tom

tom3holer said:
It is suggesting that the 7ch version has better sensitivity for Immersion/Fat shark freqs perhaps due to being able to tweak the Rx for a more limited range of freqs.

Have you ever heard of this?

I have had both. The 32 ch after a short time the down button quit and Range Video most graciously sent me a 7 ch version.
I can't say I see much difference in Rang however.

Tom

I have read this before but I don't know how true it is. I know some guys on here had issues with the BP and IRC600 with limited range. Some were only getting a couple of hundred meters.

I have both the Fatshark 250mw and the IRC600mw and on my 32 channel BP I have flown out to the following distances:-

All tests done on Ch 1 5740 MHz.

BP + FS250 + Horizon SP = 3100m
BP + IRC600 + Horizon SP = 3385m
Uno5800 + FS250 + Horizon SP = 3300m
Uno5800 + IRC600 + Horizon SP = Not tested yet

i have just bought this setup without the iosd mini and the 600mw transmitter http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/comple ... ntom-2-fpv. and obviously without any antennas. was gonna check out the stock ones first. it has just been delivered to my house but im at work at the minuite. is there any specific things I need to do to set up the monitor on the correct band and channel and stuff when I get home later??
cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav