Antenna config

Reaction score
Just a quick question folks - borrowed some Immersion spironet's and popped them onto my Black Pearl screen today , still with the original 'rubber duck' on the drone tx ... 600mw.

Got about 250mtrs at 40mtrs alt before the video broke up ... do I need to change the antenna on the tx as well (sorry for the noob question!) .

Also , which generally goes first - the video or control ?

Thanks again

Jim

In general, you have to change the 2 antennas, that is in TX and also in RX due paired frequencies that both are designed to.

But if you transmit in the same frequency compatibility any antenna could do the job but not as well as paired. I use Spironets in Phantom TX and Monitor RX UNO. But any buddy can simultaneously watch the same using my FatShark goggles with standard antenna installed and using same channel than VTX-Spironnet.

Yes on both TX and rx. Usually vision before control but varies with you gear

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

According to IRC support over at fpvlab.com, the Black Pearl is not ideal for use with IRC products, which is why I chose not to get a BP myself. I have flown just shy of 1km with my IRC600mW vtx and Fatshark goggles, each with spironet, with no loss of picture. I was afraid to go farther.

My inference from a bit of research tells me to stay brand-correct, meaning keep the tx and rx the same, compatible brand. There are probably exceptions but that is how I'm going to proceed for the time being. It's hard to imagine I'll ever need more than a kilometer!

jim_mids said:
Just a quick question folks - borrowed some Immersion spironet's and popped them onto my Black Pearl screen today , still with the original 'rubber duck' on the drone tx ... 600mw.

Got about 250mtrs at 40mtrs alt before the video broke up ... do I need to change the antenna on the tx as well (sorry for the noob question!) .

Also , which generally goes first - the video or control ?

Thanks again

Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20