Antenna Check

vgt said:
Getting ready to pull the trigger (Boscam 5820 monitor, ImmersionRC 600mW Tx), along with the plug and play, iosd, etc.

This is what I was thinking for antenna.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131345917328

One on the P2, one on the receiver.

And one of these on the other receiver spot
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161314052784

Any other recommendations for a similar amount of money, maybe a little more?

I have used the spironets and they are pretty good for short to medium range. There are other antennae which will get you further, but if you are limiting yourself to a budget the spironets are pretty good, as long as you dont want to go lots of hundreds of metres. I dont know anything about the patch antenna - have never used one.

Check out fpvlr antennae, I have them. Used spironets first and upgraded to fpvlr and clarity and range are first class

phantom65 said:
Check out fpvlr antennae, I have them. Used spironets first and upgraded to fpvlr and clarity and range are first class

ditto.

A8413347-7B16-43CC-9CEC-1EED4A77EC92_2.jpg

That's my setup with my black pearl monitor, I am using the spironet on the phantom. Range is great with the patch antenna, I have clear signal 700m away.

FPVLR said:
you should have clear signal 5000 meters away not jut 700m away.

Then my radio will be out of range...lol! Not to mention, I am not going to be risky and fly that far out of sight.

Here's a look at what I have set up for my P2.

ImmersonRC 600mw talking down from a FPVLR pentelobe to a FlySight Black Pearl diversity that is listening with a helix and cloverleaf (both from FPVLR). My thumbwheel controller is now speaking from a circular polarized spherical antenna that was installed beside stock dipole.

Sorry for a poor picture, but it enlarges some and shows everything pretty good.

Orientation: bird-side- Pentelobe points down. Pilot-side, cloverleaf points up, helix stays pointed towards Phantom, also pointing towards the Phantom is the CP Spherical.

How was the install on the cp for the control tx? Might look into that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should have clear signal 5000 meters away not jut 700m away.
I thought I would of also gotten alot of range out of one of them Sprialnet panels on my black pearl and a spiralnet Clover leaf on the immersion rc 600mw tx Tho the Max distance I could get was only about 1600m before it was so dam snowy i could not see the feed at all. and typically its way short of that and I have been getting about 1000-1200m before its to snowy to see the video. and even by about 500m is when it starts getting a lil bit snowy. But I'm pretty sure its the lousy receiver in the black pearl and also the interference its getting from the antenna in the remote being so close to it.. I'm going to see if I can do some thing about that and maybe get a lil more distance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31