Antenna booster inquiry

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this antenna modification on a P3A or P3P?

Long-Range Extended Antenna Booster Signal Amplifer For DJI Phantom 3 Pro&Ad Whi

I just ordered it and I am curious if anyone has gained some experience with it. The modification is pretty straight forward replacing the original antennae with standard WiFi antenna mounts (good thing already).
They claim it should extend the range to over 5 Kilometers.

I would of went with dbs mod its proven for long range

Reactions: Prowler
I would like to understand how can it amplify the signals without any external power source. I know a better collector can get more signals.

Reactions: Numone
doesn't look much better than stock ones

Yeah its passive (non powered) and not active (powered) so I cannot see these antenna boosters out performing the active solutions that are available. Its just not logical.

I wouldn't open my remote unless going to put on a quality product that is time tested

Did a windsurfer mod and got a extra mile over water. Can't wait to try the dbs mod

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to understand how can it amplify the signals without any external power source. I know a better collector can get more signals.
Passive antenna gain. No real details found. The 30 bucks are reasonable just for the cables and connector hardware....

Yes, by adding more surface area in the antenna it directs the rf radiation more effectively. plus they are directional vs omni.

The 30 bucks are reasonable just for the cables and connector hardware....

exactly, and the tool. the RF connectors and tools to terminate them are not cheap. I work with them frequently and have invested in the tools. Those pigtail connectors are a pain too.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
Your omni diectional antenna might give you about 3 db vs some panel antennas getting about 14 db. All your radio waves are directed to only the front, making the antenna more directional. 3 db vs 14 db (11 db) increase of about 1,000 times more radiated power.

I was looking at the same system to purchase vs the dbs.

Rite on Ken. without looking internally at the DJI antenna, it would be hard to compare the two. But for a size reference.

1455947294854399.jpg

Reactions: Ken Hanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20