Answer from DJI

Reaction score
Maybe you guys have seen in another thread that DJI had deleted my comment on their International Facebookpage.
So I also send the same question by email to DJI, never expecting to get and answer.

I got an answer today, but maybe read my email to them first:

Are you guys at DJI listening at all to your customers?
What's going on, Phantom Vision owners all over the world are still waiting for you to solve the RAW problem. This is false advertising! I only bought for the photography when I saw I could shoot in Raw. Yes I can shoot in Raw, but there are no software that can open the files???? Earlier DJI promised that it would happend in December 2013 but no we still cant open the files.
Another thing, thousands of FC200 camera's are unsharp in either left or right side. You guys should go to this Forum: http://www.phantompilots.com there are more than 5.700 Phantom users! I'm sure that must be the biggest community for DJI products in the world. Try to go there and see what people are saying! You know the best advertising is the word of mouth, but it can also be the opposite if you don't get your act together, Please come on guys, you have a great product, we just need the last couple of things.
Thanks
Klaus

And here are their fantastic and adequate answer:

Dear Klaus Madsen,

Please download the Adobe Photoshop. You can edit it through Photoshop. Thank you.

That's it!!!!!!!! Wow great company and great customer Service :cry:

But by the way I haven't even tried to take any RAW photos and see if I could edit them in Photoshop, because I can read everywhere that you cant.
Have anyone had some luck with that, or are they just full of Bulsh..?

And now I can't even try because the camera are faulty :twisted:

Could someone please upload a RAW photo to a server so I can try to have a play with it?

Thanks

Photoshop can't open the Vision's RAW files as there is no support in Adobe CameraRAW. Simple as that.
DJI are talking out of their behinds as usual.

That sounds like an automated response, or the response of someone who failed to read the entire message. Typical in email support communications. I'm pretty disappointed with all the DNG hype and let down. DJI has made a wonderful platform for AP dont get me wrong, maybe they should focus on the platforms and not the camera. Do one thing and do it very well, has always been a great way to operate a tech company that wants to move forward.

I don't have any files to test this but Davinci Resolve works with RAW/DNG files. That is - if the file format from the Vision followed the industry standard you may be able to use that software to edit and output your videos.

If anyone would like to get in touch directly and get a short sample file to me I'll be happy to test it on my system.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

There is a free version you can download and test. This isn't user friendly software though. There is a bit of a learning curve with this and it takes a pretty serious computer to run it well. Those things aside it could be the answer for people looking to decode their DNG files.

What make and model camera would we be looking for in the Photoshop list of
RAW-supported cameras?

Is there a different list for Photoshop than for Lightroom?
Thanks, Gary

garygid said:
What make and model camera would we be looking for in the Photoshop list of
RAW-supported cameras?

Is there a different list for Photoshop than for Lightroom?
Thanks, Gary

rilot said:
Photoshop can't open the Vision's RAW files as there is no support in Adobe CameraRAW. Simple as that.
DJI are talking out of their behinds as usual.

Just for the info:

I tryed to use the Adobe converter for 350 camera´s and it didn´t work.

I also bought this whole thing to make pictures but what can you do with 2mb jpeg´s...

Klaus said:
Maybe you guys have seen in another thread that DJI had deleted my comment on their International Facebookpage.
So I also send the same question by email to DJI, never expecting to get and answer.

I got an answer today, but maybe read my email to them first:

Are you guys at DJI listening at all to your customers?
What's going on, Phantom Vision owners all over the world are still waiting for you to solve the RAW problem. This is false advertising! I only bought for the photography when I saw I could shoot in Raw. Yes I can shoot in Raw, but there are no software that can open the files???? Earlier DJI promised that it would happend in December 2013 but no we still cant open the files.
Another thing, thousands of FC200 camera's are unsharp in either left or right side. You guys should go to this Forum: http://www.phantompilots.com there are more than 5.700 Phantom users! I'm sure that must be the biggest community for DJI products in the world. Try to go there and see what people are saying! You know the best advertising is the word of mouth, but it can also be the opposite if you don't get your act together, Please come on guys, you have a great product, we just need the last couple of things.
Thanks
Klaus

And here are their fantastic and adequate answer:

Dear Klaus Madsen,

Please download the Adobe Photoshop. You can edit it through Photoshop. Thank you.

That's it!!!!!!!! Wow great company and great customer Service :cry:

But by the way I haven't even tried to take any RAW photos and see if I could edit them in Photoshop, because I can read everywhere that you cant.
Have anyone had some luck with that, or are they just full of Bulsh..?

And now I can't even try because the camera are faulty :twisted:

Could someone please upload a RAW photo to a server so I can try to have a play with it?

Thanks

Which DJI email address did you write to?

We could write them too!!!

LandYachtMedia,

Thanks for the tips and your kind offer to resource/convert a DJI DNG photo file in Davinci Resolve. :shock:

For others here NOT in the Hollywood post food chain, this amazing Davinci system is $30K ...oh, did I mention you then need to add approx $15K for the necessary (basic) Mac Workstation to run the (incredible) software. There are other amazing TOOLS in Hollywood to deal with fat files in post-production - including Maya, for one. The Resolve "FREE" software download will take, at a minimum, an aforementioned $15K Mac Workstation.

A $45,000 hardware/software solution for a $1,200 quadcopter with a $300 camera? Huh?

Perhaps DJI (LA) will read these posts and figure out that in nearby Burbank there are plenty of pros who can help them sort this out.

Ron

AnselA said:
There's plenty of software, which can read DNG images. Even free Picasa can read and display DNGs.

The problem is that Vision camera cannot WRITE DNG...

Ah. Well that is a different kettle of fish all together.

Has anyone checked "LightZone" for support the Vision RAW image format? I know it supports the Canon dSLR RAW files. Obviously that doesn't mean it works with everyone's RAW.

To support it you either need to know a number of parameters, or guess 'em... I've had a go with several programs that can work with *any* raw format given the right info... But there's too many variables to guess really.
I've also emailed 3 separate dji people (the app guys, china, and the support guys) asking for the format and had.. not a single reply. Not even a "no"!!

Russell Brown @ Adobe (who has posted facebook pics of images using a beta DNG firmware) has (apparently) stated the new firmware will write DNG files to the card - there will not be a way to process existing RAW files and convert them. No point even trying to capture them at present.

I was just on the phone with DJI in California , They said a viewer will be provided for RAW files and then you can export them . the guys best guess to availability was next 4- 5 weeks .

The real reason I called was to see if they had any plans to create a gimbal for the vision and it's camera . They said nope nothing in the hopper

AnselA said:
gpauk said:
To support it you either need to know a number of parameters, or guess 'em...

No quessing needed.

DJI has announced Vision RAW image format is Adobe DNG. Adobe has published DNG spec:
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/ ... .4.0.0.pdf

And SDK is available at:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/dng/dng_sdk.html

Yeah -- that's the new style they are working.
Bunyarra said:
Russell Brown @ Adobe (who has posted facebook pics of images using a beta DNG firmware) has (apparently) stated the new firmware will write DNG files to the card - there will not be a way to process existing RAW files and convert them. No point even trying to capture them at present.

That is not the format of the existing raw files..... Adobe dng won't process the existing raw files, which is what I was referring to...

I'm a photographer who shoots in RAW 100% of the time. Photoshop and other programs like Aperture and Lightroom come with all the RAW conversions included and when they do updates, the RAW drivers are updated too.

Aperture can't open it and when I forced it to open in Photoshop, this is what I get:

Attachments

• test DJI RAW photoshop converstion.jpg
    test DJI RAW photoshop converstion.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 304
mduehmig said:
I'm a photographer who shoots in RAW 100% of the time. Photoshop and other programs like Aperture and Lightroom come with all the RAW conversions included and when they do updates, the RAW drivers are updated too.

Aperture can't open it and when I forced it to open in Photoshop, this is what I get:

You really shouldn't be flying in fog that thick, you know... ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie