(another) Storm all-in-one + iosd mini setup - *help*

Reaction score
Can't find exactly what I'm looking for through searching on here, so hoping I can get some answers in my own thread.

I got the P2 with gimbal and this FPV system from Helipal:

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

I also ordered an IOSD mini but it was backordered so that isn't here yet. Everything else is.

I installed the gimbal with no problems, started to get the FPV stuff together and notice that I need to provide power for the FPV transmitter. I'm starting to believe that I need to wait for the iosd mini to get here in order to do that w/o having to use an extra battery or solder into the cables that DJI wired through the bottom (can I do that?).

Originally, I thought I could get started with this and just be w/o the on screen info until the iosd came and it'd just plug in whenever I got it.

I see there's already a very similar thread regarding this system but I don't want to confuse myself even more.

Can anyone help out and confirm if:
1) I can get started now, by soldering into the video cable provided by dji? Two are video, two are power, right?
2) I can wait to get started, if I only want to solder once, until the iosd arrives and set it up like diagram 2 of the manual?

I think I have this correct, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question!

The four core cable that comes from the P2 is:

Yellow - Video Out
Brown - Video Ground
Red - VCC (11.1v)
Brown - Ground

If you solder it all up now, when the IOSD arrives you can just spice the Yellow/Brown cables and connect to the IOSD.

Read my post here which explains how it all fits together
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8148#p67281

If you are still unsure just ask. As another user has already found out, at the cost of a video transmitter, if you wire it wrong it can start killing your hardware! It's not difficult to do once you understand how it all sits.

poostik said:
Can't find exactly what I'm looking for through searching on here, so hoping I can get some answers in my own thread.

I got the P2 with gimbal and this FPV system from Helipal:

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

I also ordered an IOSD mini but it was backordered so that isn't here yet. Everything else is.

I installed the gimbal with no problems, started to get the FPV stuff together and notice that I need to provide power for the FPV transmitter. I'm starting to believe that I need to wait for the iosd mini to get here in order to do that w/o having to use an extra battery or solder into the cables that DJI wired through the bottom (can I do that?).

Originally, I thought I could get started with this and just be w/o the on screen info until the iosd came and it'd just plug in whenever I got it.

I see there's already a very similar thread regarding this system but I don't want to confuse myself even more.

Can anyone help out and confirm if:
1) I can get started now, by soldering into the video cable provided by dji? Two are video, two are power, right?
2) I can wait to get started, if I only want to solder once, until the iosd arrives and set it up like diagram 2 of the manual?

I think I have this correct, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question!

trust me on this.... wait till you have all the stuff.

goldfishrock said:
If you are still unsure just ask. As another user has already found out, at the cost of a video transmitter, if you wire it wrong it can start killing your hardware! It's not difficult to do once you understand how it all sits.

Just an update . . .
Had some time with the soldering iron tonight. Used the P2 power connectors to power the (Storm) fpv transmitter. No smoke or explosions. Gimbal is working and video is transmitting to my monitor. Calibrated in the software. Batteries are charging.

Why am I nervous? Feels like Christmas Eve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers