Another silly battery question...

Reaction score
Hey,

Do you guys know if I can charge my battery whatever its percentage is at? Currently I'm at 80%. Can I charge it to 100% or will it damage it? (so I should empty it first)

With all the hype about lipos, I prefer to ask before buying another one. :D

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

Do you guys know if I can charge my battery whatever its percentage is at? Currently I'm at 80%. Can I charge it to 100% or will it damage it? (so I should empty it first)

With all the hype about lipos, I prefer to ask before buying another one. :D

Thanks a lot!
Above link is some good info, it will not hurt to top off the battery from 80% you will be fine. It is good to not leave them charged fully if you are not going to be using them for a few days. These battery has an auto discharge for this in the DJI pilot app. Very handy, I have mine set for 3 days and be sure the batteries are not in a case or covered up, leave out in the open because they dissipate heat during the discharge period. Hope the above tutorial helps.

Above link is some good info, it will not hurt to top off the battery from 80% you will be fine. It is good to not leave them charged fully if you are not going to be using them for a few days. These battery has an auto discharge for this in the DJI pilot app. Very handy, I have mine set for 3 days and be sure the batteries are not in a case or covered up, leave out in the open because they dissipate heat during the discharge period. Hope the above tutorial helps.

Yes great feature indeed, mine is set to 4 days, would you advise me to choose 3 or less?
Thanks for the info bro :)

Reactions: Jbundy63
It just really depends on how often you fly, if your flying every day the setting doesn't matter, the main thing is that Lipos do not like to be charged fully all the time and is better to keep them at 50 % when not being used for several days.

Reactions: bobmyers
It just really depends on how often you fly, if your flying every day the setting doesn't matter, the main thing is that Lipos do not like to be charged fully all the time and is better to keep them at 50 % when not being used for several days.
Yeah I know bro but do you think that 4 days without using the battery is safe?

Yeah I know bro but do you think that 4 days without using the battery is safe?
I have mine set at 3 on the advice of the "lipo experts" on the youtube videos;):)

Reactions: Jbundy63
Yes it's completely fine, if you don't use them for 4 days? Then you can set it to discharge in 2 days. My flights very from day to day so I change my settings to suit my schedule. Hope that makes sense.

Yes it's completely fine, if you don't use them for 4 days? Then you can set it to discharge in 2 days. My flights very from day to day so I change my settings to suit my schedule. Hope that makes sense.
Sure it does. :) Thanks again bud :)

I heard people saying you should not charge the transmitter when it's still charged a lot. So I thought I would be the same for the phantom battery. Or maybe it was ********?

There is really no information on the transmitter battery through DJI. It does last several flights, I leave it alone until it gets about 50% 2 LEDS on and then I will fully recharge it. I really haven't read or heard a lot about the transmitter battery myself.

I've wondered what other people do on theirs?

Reactions: ImJim and bobmyers
You'll hear people advising all sorts of things. Not all of them are correct.

So.. That was BS? :D :D
Yes ... charge your Lipo batteries whenever you need to.
Your laptop computer has Lipo batteries.
You don't wait for it to run down before charging it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl