Another reason FAA will crack down on quads

I wasn't aware that drug enforcement has been added to the FAA's responsibilities.
They don't have the resources to do what they already have to.
As long as the multicopter is being flown safely, there is no need for the FAA to have any concern about what you choose to carry with it.
There are enough other agencies tasked with anti-drug operations.
Of course if you overload your quad as much as this one, the first laws you'll encounter relate to gravity and physics.

It seems naive to believe that the FAA, TSA, Homeland Security, or Govt. in general is reading about this and saying "we didn't think of that".

There's not likely to be anything that they haven't considered.

From what I have read, the border police are very much aware of it but the amount of drugs these drones can carry, is such small potatoes compared to the other things they are fighting right now, this is not a priority for them, yet.

RC planes have been hauling dope across the border for a long time now. The only reason it is "news" is because they can call this one a "drone".

Meta4 said:
Of course if you overload your quad as much as this one, the first laws you'll encounter relate to gravity and physics.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For one would have to assume the goverment even gives a crap that there cartels are smuggling drugs across the boarder. Only way they are going to care is if its the wrong people doing it and then the other cartels who pay for the rights to smuggle will take care of things. and they would need a heck of a lot of drones to fly in so much stuff that they could ever get the cocain import agancy worried that some one was going to take over there market.

and I also dont see how any one smuggling drugs would have any thing to do with any one else that flys there drones legally and not doing any thing wrong. What are they going to do?? make it illegal to fly drugs on a drone? Cause I'm pretty sure thats already against the law. and any one thats going to fly drugs over the boarder could care less about any laws saying its against the law. Pretty sure they know that full well and its why there is a profit in it in the first place.

The amish use pidgins to deliver drugs to there customers and to communicate with people. and last I heard no ones thinking of cracking down on pigeons.

I can't wait until we see UAV's all over the sky...going to get rich quick. A GPS jammer and a rifle or better yet a UAV designed specificly designed to hunt, target, and bring down other drones. I have seen upwards of $20,000 UAV's flying around with no one in sight....PAYDAY!

ZeekArmy said:
I can't wait until we see UAV's all over the sky...going to get rich quick. A GPS jammer and a rifle or better yet a UAV designed specificly designed to hunt, target, and bring down other drones. I have seen upwards of $20,000 UAV's flying around with no one in sight....PAYDAY!

This would be better placed in the "Off Topic" forum. :lol:

ZeekArmy said:

Use a GPS jammer and the fine from the NTSB will also be upwards of $20,000 and that's IF you're jamming doesn't cause injury or property damage.
Shooting down a drone will probably net less expensive fines, but still a very stupid idea.

I guess I should not be amazed at the amount of stupid posts on this forum. I like this forum but some should just shut the f up. Stupid ideas, stupid and useless remarks. Some will post their videos of how things should be done and have so many mistakes. Many times I want to address a question but if I'm not sure, I stay silent. Like the old saying goes...ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN GEAR. How about this...know what the hell you are talking about before giving advise.

ZeekArmy said:

what?

FedEx pilots are constantly being warned and trained on UAV flying too close to the aircraft. When I showed a friend (FedEx Pilot) what my phantom could do and the heights he came to the realization he should take the training and warnings seriously.

Khudson7 said:
From what I have read, the border police are very much aware of it but the amount of drugs these drones can carry, is such small potatoes compared to the other things they are fighting right now, this is not a priority for them, yet.

True. I don't believe they would create extra restricting laws in general because of this. If this were the case then cars would be extra restrictive to own or drive since this vehicle is almost always used at some point in the drug smuggling process.

Airplanes are also used for drug smuggling and there aren't any broad restrictions in flying them that I'm aware of.

Zombie Taco IS A WEASEL...AND A TROLL!!!
PLEASE Feel free to Ignore this idiot...He likes to go to posts and pick them apart for errors in spelling or factual discrepancies. HE IS A TROLL ....IGNORE HIM WITH EXTREME PREDJUDICE.

RCRookie said:
Zombie Taco IS A WEASEL...AND A TROLL!!!
PLEASE Feel free to Ignore this idiot...He likes to go to posts and pick them apart for errors in spelling or factual discrepancies. HE IS A TROLL ....IGNORE HIM WITH EXTREME PREDJUDICE.

He is a well known troll here. You may recognize his most recent monikers, DeathFromJuu and TimmyG94 among a host of others.

Do not interact with him or respond to his bait.

Nothing new about this. I have been getting my Cuban cigars that way for years. it is only 50 miles from Key West. :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj