Another Phantom 3 standard Gimbal problem (sorry)

Reaction score
Hi
any ideas on this, checked the screw and line-up of the shafts where poss

http://vid652.photobucket.com/albums/uu245/jaserabbit/IMG_0097_zpsamljcon9.mp4

IMG_0097_zpsamljcon9.mp4

man good luck with that. I had the same problem, and all of my screws were tight, the roll shaft was straight, couldn't find anything wrong with it. Never got anywhere with it, so I had to bite the bullet and buy a new camera assey.....

the camera looks like its having a meltdown....happens to the best of us

This piece of info should have been in your original post.
So you bought this used, and it has acted like this since you obtained it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes and yes, there may have been a chance of an easy fix and a cheap p3, or maybe not

man good luck with that. I had the same problem, and all of my screws were tight, the roll shaft was straight, couldn't find anything wrong with it. Never got anywhere with it, so I had to bite the bullet and buy a new camera assey.....
Did you try any repair or just checked lineup of the shafts

Did you try any repair or just checked lineup of the shafts
I check all of the connections on the flex cable, checked the shafts, and tried to calibrate it. I have read that replacing the flex cable might fix it...its like 40 bucks on amazon (make sure you get the genuine
DJI one). if you have the time, its a relatively cheap repair (kind of a pain to remove and run it the right way through the camera arms) and if it works and its not too much money if it doesn't work, you're not out a lot of cash.

Might be a good first start....i've heard that even the smallest knick might cause issues.

Amazon.com: Genuine DJI Phatnom 3 Standard Flexible Gimbal Flat Cable (Sta) Part 85; Camera Ribbon Cable Flex Cable: Camera & Photo

I feel your pain. I recently had a crash that separated the camera gimbal and broke the ribbon cable. I replaced the cable (twice), the roll motor (which is where it separated) and the roll motor control board. I never got it to work right and have ordered the gimbal camera assembly. With all the money I have in it at this point I could have bought another P3S :(

After I replaced my damaged black ribbon cable, my camera danced exactly like yours.
It was my fault though. I had accidentally installed the pitch motor shaft into the side of the camera 180° off.
Took it back apart, rotated the pitch shaft 180° and all was well.
Maybe before you bought it, someone made the same mistake.

After I replaced my damaged black ribbon cable, my camera danced exactly like yours.
It was my fault though. I had accidentally installed the pitch motor shaft into the side of the camera 180° off.
Took it back apart, rotated the pitch shaft 180° and all was well.
Maybe before you bought it, someone made the same mistake.

Oh my, oh my, thank you

I replaced the ribbon and refit as it came apart, saw your post and rechecked, looks like the previous owner had repaired it but put the pitch shaft back incorrectly

Video by Airwolf359

Last edited:
Reactions: mdowney58
Oh my, oh my, thank you

I replaced the ribbon and refit as it came apart, saw your post and rechecked, looks like the previous owner had repaired it but put the pitch shaft back incorrectly

Video by Airwolf359

Does this mean that you have it working correctly now?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20