Another Ohioan here

Reaction score
Just another Ohio guy . . . bought a Phantom 4 not long ago . . . trying to get my part 107 license . . .

Looking forward to having some fun with this thing . . .

Thought I'd see if it was worthwhile to find a forum . . . maybe get in on some useful discussions.

May God bless,
Dwight

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks GFields . . . one of my big questions I was hoping to find discussions on is the part 107 license and getting it all taken care of. I plan to fly probably 99.44% of the time just recreational . . . but I'm sure sooner or later someone will make a cash offer . . . and I won't want to turn down an easy few bucks.

May God bless,
Dwigh

Welcome to the forum from the UK 👍

Reactions: Dwight55
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: snowy23
Thanks GFields . . . one of my big questions I was hoping to find discussions on is the part 107 license and getting it all taken care of. I plan to fly probably 99.44% of the time just recreational . . . but I'm sure sooner or later someone will make a cash offer . . . and I won't want to turn down an easy few bucks.

May God bless,
Dwigh
When/if you do decide to obtain your Part 107, we have a vendor that has a great training program. Check out @pilotinstitute

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . 👍

Hi @Dwight55 . I'm in Cleveland. Our regional drone pro association maintains a list of nearby Part 107 training here. Some online options too. Part 107 Training in the Cleveland Ohio Area - North Coast Drone Alliance

I am one of the drone instructors at Lakeland, in the Geography department.

The ASA book is very good. It's what I used to get my 107, and it's the book I use with my class. 2023 Remote Pilot Test Prep: Study and prepare for your remote pilot FAA Knowledge Exam (ASA Test Prep Series): ASA Test Prep Board: 9781644252499: Amazon.com: Books

Reactions: Dwight55
Greeting Dwight, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Look forward to your input.
Regards
Halfway around the world . . . and below the Southern Cross . . . you got it good. Had a chance to visit the Gold Coast . . . little over 50 years ago now . . . enjoyed my stay . . .

Have fun there . . . may God bless,
Dwight

Reactions: Gagey52
Lemme toss out a silly question . . .

1. Are we allowed to fly our drones at night at all?

2. If we are . . . are there night vision cameras for the Phantom 4?

I have a problem here at my place with animals . . . and if would be fun to be able to track them with my Phantom if it is legal.

May God bless,
Dwight

Yep . . . US Navy . . . first US warship to pull into Brisbane in over 20 years . . . ours was Feb 1968 or so.

Honestly . . . I could have stayed . . . it was that enjoyable . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31