Another 'not so smart' battery tale

Reaction score
Came back from flying yesterday and one of the batteries in the case was happily showing two bars steady and one blinking. Ok, figured I bumped it. But it wouldn't stop. Just sat there blinking. Pushed the button, nothing changed. Put it in the charger. No change.

Finally, I stuck it in the Phantom (which promptly started up) and then shut it down. It has subsequently accepted a charge and seems to be well behaved. It never got warm. It physically looks fine and is actually my newest battery - about six weeks old with perhaps ten flights.

Just throwing it out there. These things need constant adult supervision.

Reactions: alokbhargava
When you say "pushed the button" what you really mean is, "you pressed the button once and let go, then pressed the button in and held it for a couple seconds", right?

When you say "pushed the button" what you really mean is, "you pressed the button once and let go, then pressed the button in and held it for a couple seconds", right?
To just check the battery condition, all you need to do is hit the button until the lights go on. To start the Phantom, you have to press and hold. That said, I did both with the battery out of the bird. I even left the button depressed for 30 seconds thinking there might be another 'secret' setting.

Nothing changed until I slapped it in the battery compartment. It then seemed to wake up and get with the program, so to speak.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj