Another new Go App and Firmware upgrade!!

Reaction score
Enjoy the newly updated Go app and firmware, everybody! ;-)

I already did the deed. Yay.

RedHotPoker

image.png

RedHotPoker

Specifics or get out.
Why so abrasive @Goldni ? There is no place for that behavior here on the forum.
Please do not respond to members in that manner or you may be the one leaving.

@LuvMyTJ I think that kind of thing is fairly common on a lot of forums. I have not seen it here, but I see that kind of thing in off topic areas on other forums (music forums etc.). Common variants seem to be "Pics or it didn't happen", "Deets or gtfo" and the like. Goldni may be just used to that kind of tone in a forum and not intending to be abrasive.

:)

@LuvMyTJ I think that kind of thing is fairly common on a lot of forums. I have not seen it here, but I see that kind of thing in off topic areas on other forums (music forums etc.). Common variants seem to be "Pics or it didn't happen", "Deets or gtfo" and the like. Goldni may be just used to that kind of tone in a forum and not intending to be abrasive.

:)
Maybe so but it is abrasive. It is not common here and we work hard to let people know that. I doubt he talks to other in person that way. Being an internet tough guy is does not impress anyone.
The post was reported and I was responding to the report.

Enjoy the newly updated Go app and firmware, everybody! ;-)

I already did the deed. Yay.

RedHotPoker
The Go app was updated on the DJI site, nothing in the firmware though.

Reactions: dirkclod
@LuvMyTJ I really think you misunderstood Goldni. His reply was not harsh in any way. It was regular internet language. Talking to other people like that is completely fine. He is not acting like an Internet tough guy. His language is normal. With all due respect, I really think you responded way too harsh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldni
generally reserved for a ridiculous claim by someone (usually a troll), which the OP is not.
Wrong. It is not generally reserved for a ridiculous claim. It is just another way of saying "Give me more info!" It is said out of excitement and a fun way of asking for more stuff to read up on.

You guys need to get out more ;)

@LuvMyTJ I really thing you misunderstood Goldni. His reply was not harsh in any way. It was regular internet language. Talking to other people like that is completely fine. He is not acting like an Internet tough guy. His language is normal. With all due respect, I really think you responded way too harsh.
I was harsh? o_O Had he put a smiley face or something to indicate he was joking I would agree. To me is was just rude. This place is supposed to be friendly and supportive, that post was neither.

@LuvMyTJ I really thing you misunderstood Goldni. His reply was not harsh in any way. It was regular internet language. Talking to other people like that is completely fine. He is not acting like an Internet tough guy. His language is normal. With all due respect, I really think you responded way too harsh.

I strongly disagree that disrespectful and entitled demands are in any way "fine". If Goldni wanted additional information he could have requested it instead of demanding it in a way that makes him look like he has some authority.

As noted in a previous response, some sarcasm does creep into certain threads. Usually those posts appear as a result of generalized frustration with a particular point of view. Personally, I can't recall a single first response to a thread that advised the OP to give me what I want or "go home"

Wrong. It is not generally reserved for a ridiculous claim. It is just another way of saying "Give me more info!" It is said out of excitement and a fun way of asking for more stuff to read up on.

You guys need to get out more ;)
Right. So if you walked into a room, approached a complete stranger, and said "omg the new phantom 8 sounds awesome" and he replied "specifics or get out", you would be excited and more than happy to fill him in about all you know on the subject?

And I wish I could get out more. Sadly I am stuck at work all day and have nothing to do but debug my code, performance test, and read pp.

Reactions: Jeff48920
I was harsh? o_O Had he put a smiley face or something to indicate he was joking I would agree. To me is was just rude. This place is supposed to be friendly and supportive, that post was neither.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. There was nothing unfriendly or unsupportive about it. Have a great day! :)

Right. So if you walked into a room, approached a complete stranger, and said "omg the new phantom 8 sounds awesome" and he replied "specifics or get out", you would be excited and more than happy to fill him in about all you know on the subject?

And I wish I could get out more. Sadly I am stuck at work all day and have nothing to do but debug my code, performance test, and read pp.

I would not be offended at all. Maybe I get out too much :)

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. There was nothing unfriendly or unsupportive about it. Have a great day! :)
Telling someone to "get out' is not friendly without some sort of indication of a joke or sarcasm.
I am pretty easy to get along with, heck, Im not even warning you for breaking rule #9 of the guidelines. ;)

Telling someone to "get out' is not friendly without some sort of indication of a joke or sarcasm.
I am pretty easy to get along with, heck, Im not even warning you for breaking rule #9 of the guidelines. ;)
Let me try me more way of explaining why I feel the way I do.

Have you ever heard anyone say something incredible to someone and their response was "Get out of here!"

It's the same as that.

Let me try me more way of explaining why I feel the way I do.

Have you ever heard anyone say something incredible to someone and their response was "Get out of here!"

It's the same

So let's get back on topic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445454345.220118.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445454345.220118.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: B- Scene Films
Wow. So sorry my post was misconstrued.

Thanks to the couple of you who know what the internet is all about, and defended my post. When someone posts a vague or generalized bit of info ( usually new exciting news ), a very common response would be "more info or stfu" or "spill the beans... the suspense is killing me!" Its typical internet slang, nothing more. Poker is a jokester. I believe he understood.

Back to op. Turns out it was osmo stuff in the update.

Reactions: Prometheus_Xex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj