Another loser making it bad for all!!!

There will always be idiots. Car drivers, bike riders, gun owners...its not just our hobby but most things in life. Its just that at the moment 'drones' are the new buzzwords that 'tick' all the readers boxes...next year it will be something else.

As an example I hope this stupid idiot gets 5 years in Prison, should serve a warning to other idiotic adventures. Just my 2 pence worth.

Last edited:
A caveat; I agree that the drone operator should be punished. But after reading the Freedom of Information Act the FAA was forced to comply with 99% of the drone sightings were bogus. Birds etc.
The media is quick to condemn as are pilots. If it's a drone pilot prosecute, BUT if it's not someone should come forward and set the record straight, or we are going to have more laws like in Rockland, NY that prohibits flying for very unsubstantiated reasons.
I know this is Canada, but the pilots eyes are probably not much better, and the tabloids worse.

Why can't all air crafts have a few "dashcams" recording everything all the time, including coordinates??

How did they conclude it was 6 meters away?
If it was just 6 meters from the plane, I doubt they even would have a chance to see what it was. It would just flash by way too quickly.

Why can't all air crafts have a few "dashcams" recording everything all the time, including coordinates??

If it was just 6 meters from the plane, I doubt they even would have a chance to see what it was. It would just flash by way too quickly.
Spot on, at that altitude and the speed they would be going the story is ridiculous, I think they should be filing a UFO report as was fashionable in the 1980s.

Spot on, at that altitude and the speed they would be going the story is ridiculous, I think they should be filing a UFO report as was fashionable in the 1980s.
I found this report using the FAA "drone sightings" map: Drone Sightings Nov2014-Aug2015 - Google Fusion Tables
Summary: DAL793 A B717 REPORTED TO JFK TOWER AFTER LANDING SEEING A DRONE BETWEEN 10,000 AND 11,000 FEET NORTH AND WEST OF FOK. DRONE WAS WHITE WITH GREY LINES AND APPROXIMATELY 2 FEET BY 3 FEET WITH A CYLINDRICAL HOLE IN THE MIDDLE. DRONE PASSED OFF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE AIRCRAFT ABOUT A WING SPAN AWAY FROM THE AIRCRAFT. PILOT DID NOT TELL N90 OF THE DRONE INCIDENT UNTIL AFTER LANDING AND CALLING THE OMIC. DEN WAS ADVISED BY JFK TOWER. SUFFOLK COUNTY AVIAITION UNIT WAS CALLED.
Sounds more like a UFO to me....o_Oo_Oo_O:rolleyes:

edit: There's actually quite a lot of information on that map irt sightings. I've seen at least 3 in the past few minutes of cops apprehending suspects and fining/confiscating the uav.

Last edited:
That's nuts, I'm too worried to even take it that high just on account of all the air traffic and high winds in my area. Planes and choppers are always flying by. Too much going on around here so for me it's 400' or below.

On another note though I took up the P3P last night to see how the default camera settings looked at night. Fairly grainy but I noticed DFW airport in the background, in the pic it's harder to see but I could count 10 aircraft circling the airport and 5 more further out. That's 20 miles away at that angle.

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 3.01.27 PM.png

Pic or it didn't happen......
Right I do not believe all of these story's I think they are fabricated lies to shut us down because the FAA has such a disliking for the HOBBY / RECREATION now with our multi- rotors . Oh drones THEY call them now Geeez.

Reactions: TheTanger

Pilots on crack!

There will always be idiots. Car drivers, bike riders, gun owners...its not just our hobby but most things in life. Its just that at the moment 'drones' are the new buzzwords that 'tick' all the readers boxes...next year it will be something else.

As an example I hope this stupid idiot gets 5 years in Prison, should serve a warning to other idiotic adventures. Just my 2 pence worth.
I don't think this really happened look at the alt numbers!

Yeah most of the reports are at fracking huge heights..

In my area I saw this :

Event Date Time: 7/10/15 17:14
City: Hartford
State: Connecticut
Report Narrative: PRELIM INFO FROM FAA OPS: HFD/UAS INCIDENT/1314E/Y90 ADVISED USAF LETHAL1, 2/F15, DESCENDING THROUGH 9,100 FEET REPORTED SMALL METAL OBJECT PASSED 50 FEET ABOVE ACFT 5 SE HFD. NO EVASIVE ACTION TAKEN. LEO TO BE NOTIFIED. MOR Alert for Y90 Number: Y90-M-2015/07/10-0001 Type: Public inquiry or concern (including all pilot reported NMACs) Date/Time: Jul 10, 2015 - 1714Z A/C: LETHAL1 (2/F15) Summary: LETHAL1 PILOT REPOTED 5 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HFD SMALL METAL OBJECT APPEARED TO PASS 50FT ABOVE HIS ALTITUDE (APPROXIMATELY 091) APPEARED TO BE A DRONE. FLIGHT LANDED BDL RY6 WITHOUT FURTHER INCIDENT. PILOT ASKED CONTROLLER IF ANY TRAFFIC OBSERVED. CONTROLLER ADVISED NO TRAFFIC OBSERVED.

--------------------------

Really?? A UAV/Drone at 9100feet, passing over an F15 from Bradley ANG, and saw it pass about 50feet above his aircraft. Traveling at the nor of under 600MPH passing a stationary object that's 2 or 3feet in diameter at 9100feet is IMO very unlikely.

Could have been a Predator Drone as they have been seen flying over CT the past year, but yet the report was filed as a UAV/DRONE.

This is a good one:

Summary: Citizen called to report a large, light blue, UAS in the shape of a flying wing SE bound @ 1000' over his property.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj