ANother guy who's going to ruin it for all of us

The south park clip was funny though :lol:
Back on subject its only a matter of time before a quad drops out of the sky and hits a car or hurts some body .Just wait untill santa has been the next few weeks after xmas will be :oops:

So what are these new rules supposed to be? Fly in some crappy empty AMA sanctioned field? That is about as interesting as looking at paint dry. My local field has nothing. It's an empty flat field with grass. You go up, you see a bunch of grass and that is it.

The guy is clearly not a "peeping tom". Peeping toms don't go on their skateboards to parks right in front of the buildings to look into people's windows. The park looks empty, noting to damage, it seems like a perfectly fine place to fly.

If these people are so concerned about who is looking at them through their giant floor-to-ceiling windows, they should see what hobby telescopes can do. "Peeping toms" don't get loud, attention-seeking drones to peep at people through the crappy wide angle of a Gopro camera. They get those telescopes... I think... I'm not a peeping tom. :lol:

witold said:
So what are these new rules supposed to be? Fly in some crappy empty AMA sanctioned field? That is about as interesting as looking at paint dry. My local field has nothing. It's an empty flat field with grass. You go up, you see a bunch of grass and that is it.

The guy is clearly not a "peeping tom". Peeping toms don't go on their skateboards to parks right in front of the buildings to look into people's windows. The park looks empty, noting to damage, it seems like a perfectly fine place to fly.

If these people are so concerned about who is looking at them through their giant floor-to-ceiling windows, they should see what hobby telescopes can do. "Peeping toms" don't get loud, attention-seeking drones to peep at people through the crappy wide angle of a Gopro camera. They get those telescopes... I think... I'm not a peeping tom. :lol:

+1

+100

The world is full of idiots and I'd bet some of those idiots will try to use a drone to spy on people. Does that mean we need to banish everyone to the sticks? No. 99.99% of the rest of us will be using it for some other reason. If you see a drone outside your window, odds are it's not there for you. Put your ego in check before jumping to conclusions. You're not that interesting.

witold said:

+1

witold said:

nor do they have the camera pointing downwards if their trying to look through windows (which it is in all the pics they got of the P2)

There is a lively discussion regarding this in the UAV Legal News and Discussion group on Facebook. The consensus of opinion is that the "city fathers" are victims of scare tactics

I once had a run-in with an elderly, somewhat obese lady who probably video tapes and watches reruns of Fox and Friends. Testing in my front yard, she stormed up and asked "Are you takin' pichurs on me? It takes all kinds of idiots...on both sides of the street.

It seems one side of this issue is very good at getting their message across, while we take to the forums and whine, and watch each other grow older. If only...if ONLY we had some way of telling our side of events, but...that would require cameras, and video editing software, and people that are good story tellers.

Where are we gonna find that?!? :shock:

doomed...DOOMED I tell ya...

A rather high profile and well respected member of the legal community who resides in San Jose has taken this on, calling out those who have begun the campaign to make "Da-roons" illegal in San Jose. CA

No offense but laws need to be made and one of them should be no flying in any residential area period. Everyone needs their privacy and that is their right. Also residents do own the air space above them, so this gives no one a right to fly over it without permission or permit to do so. I may get a lot of flame for this, but really don't care because this is how I see it along with most of the world

"It was LITERALLY 2 feet way" I have trouble believing this. Funny South Park reference though. I like how he made off on his skateboard. You can't *Peep* with these drones. The FPV quality isn't too great at that.

The perception is that you can spy with a Phantom. I believe this view is most widely held by ugly old fat chicks that don't understand anything beyond what is written on a cheetos bag, but there it is. Since there is no competing narrative out there, it's hard to blame them. Sheepole only know what they're told.

bschaub said:
I wonder if that guy knows the woman he is harassing? Like maybe a recent ex????
then surely she'd know who he is lol

edstumph said:
Also residents do own the air space above them, so this gives no one a right to fly over it without permission or permit to do so. I may get a lot of flame for this, but really don't care because this is how I see it along with most of the world
Do United or Delta fly around your house or right over the top just like they do for everyone else??
I've got some news for you Ed ... you don't own any airspace.
Just because you see it that way and imagine others might too, has no bearing on what the real situation is.

Do United or Delta fly around your house or right over the top just like they do for everyone else??
I've got some news for you Ed ... you don't own any airspace.
Just because you see it that way and imagine others might too, has no bearing on what the real situation is.

Actually you do own the air space above your house, check the regs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic