Another GoPro4 Anomaly

Reaction score
It looks like the Gopro4s aren't charging using the 30 pin jack on the zenmuse gimbals.
My GoPro3+ is still charging ok

which gimbal exactly? the H3-2D, the H3-3D v1, or a H3-3D v2 that you personally modded back to a 30-pin?

Its working ok other than its not charging and this issue

Just got the GoPro 4 installed on my Phantom 2 and everything seemed to be going great until I hit the rec button on the gopro4 and the video and osd data going to my hdmi monitor froze.
Stop recording and it all starts working again. this is at 2.7k 48fps setting. If I set the gopro4 to 1080p 60fps it works great. I have found some info after looking around on the web that the output
from the hdmi on the gopro4 is at a lower resolution until the record button gets pushed and then the hdmi outputs the resolution that was set in the camera, in my case 2.7k 48fps or 30fps,which i guess the lightbridge can't down convert?.
This was not a problem with the gopro3+ set at 2.7 30fps.
I hope this gets fixed as I want to record to the camera at all the cool new resolutions but still monitor at 720 or 1080 on my lightbridge hdmi output.
Isn't it allways something with new stuff

yea I don't have a link but that exact problem I've seen multiple people post with regard to the Lightbridge. I'd go check in the Lightbridge forum viewforum.php?f=22

Yea I have been there also.
I just thought this would be some good General information for everyone to be aware of about the new GoPro4
I also found this in the LightBridge manual on how the Gopro3+ hdmi output works. This is what is Not working properly on the GoPro4.
I hope this gets fixed.

Attachments

• gopro 4.png
    gopro 4.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 618
totally, that's why this community is so great... I was just trying to help YOU by letting you know that there's already other threads running on the topic in both General and Lightbridge so you can get involved in them because those are much more active and diverse discussions and when solutions come out, those will be the first places they are posted.

basically I was trying to be super nice about saying "known issue, already other threads running" ;)
all good mate

I like the title of the thread... Another GoPro 4 Anomaly. I didn't know that the GoPro 4 was supposed to fit to the DJI gimbal... GoPro is not a DJI product, you know that don't you?
Why in hell do you think the phantom gimbal connection is their priority? or even a concern? DJI should adapt their stuff, not the inverse. ( Well if it worked it would be great), but you can't call that an "Another anomaly" :D

sergekouper said:
I like the title of the thread... Another GoPro 4 Anomaly. I didn't know that the GoPro 4 was supposed to fit to the DJI gimbal... GoPro is not a DJI product, you know that don't you?
Why in hell do you think the phantom gimbal connection is their priority? or even a concern? DJI should adapt their stuff, not the inverse. ( Well if it worked it would be great), but you can't call that an "Another anomaly" :D

Wow such hostility. When GoPro says all existing accessories on the 3 will work on the 4 it is somewhat of an anomaly when existing accessories don't work. Regardless of them being 3rd party accessories. Nobody is saying GoPro is obligated to fix this. We're actually trying to find solutions as a community. If you have nothing to add maybe you shouldn't post.

Unbelievable! When Go Pro say it works with all accessories, it is in the Gopro world, Third party accessories are not counted or it would be a never ending story! I am saying that the title of this thread is not appropriate, and it is more than obvious. It is not an anomaly, but at this stage, an incompatibility that's all, and i am absolutely right to mention it. If you are thinking helping anything by supporting that kind of statement, you don't.
Now if you want to help "as a community" Why don't you propose a plan to rewire the back of the gimbal plate? This is help! :roll:
What I am going to do is using it as it is, already more than happy that it fits the gimbal, but if something has to come to fix this incompatibility, it will come from DJI if they think it is necessary. Maybe will they release a new gimbal... but as it is now, it is not a Go pro "Anomaly"!
Oh and BTW, Philipp Bloom has used the GP4 on an H3-3D + Lightbridge. So if he can do it, that should answer some of the questions I've seen here lately. This, is help as well!

Sorry sergekouper, I must have hit a nerve. :oops:

And yes this specific issue IS a GoPro problem.

Sorry I left this out but,
Mikegwalk posted this yesterday

Just spoke to a Gopro rep (way easier to get a hold then a DJI rep)They told me there is a software update coming in the next two weeks to allow you to have FPV on Lightbridge while recording at 4k or anything after 1080p 90FPS. Hopefully this is true.

This was from derrick duff:
When GoPro says all existing accessories on the 3 will work on the 4 it is somewhat of an anomaly when existing accessories don't work. Ouch

noun
A deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

Oh the fun were having with all this new stuff.

Wow, some people are just, whatever.

Yes sergekouper Philipp Bloom has used the GP4 on an H3-3D + Lightbridge, but theres one BIG difference in what he was doing and thats they he is NOT USING THE HDMI OUT ON THE GOPRO4, INSTEAD HE IS USING THE USB OUT TO A SAMSUNG SMARTPHONE, WHICH DOES WORK.

Get you facts straight sergekouper. You can do better than this. Sad. Do you even know what a LightBridge is. Just Checking

From Philipp Blooms website

Attachments

• 333.png
    333.png
    562.3 KB · Views: 373
Yes I know what the lightbridge is.
That's fine. Let's wait and see then.

Ribbon cable H3-3D works fine with the Hero 4. Charges as normal and FPV works fine.

Hi Joel_t

It is charging with the usb adapter on the newer gimbals,but its not charging with the 30pin connector on the back of the GoPro4

I am hopping that this might get resolved in the future .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20