Another gimbal with a mind of it's own.

Reaction score
gimbal moving like crazy after crash

Hello
before 2 weeks i have experienced a fly away.My phantom was lost for about 6 days i found it about 8km away from the home location !!!
When i saw it only 1 prop was damaged and its looks like smooth landing,but then i notice that the main arm from the gimbal was not straight.That was easy to fix.
Now i turn it on and the gimbal move to all direction like crazy.I dont know if it is hardwarw failure ore it needs some calibration.Any idea?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prftcN3vOrQ

Re: gimbal moving like crazy after crash

The recording start when I lost control and stop before crash...13 minutes recording .Nothink important on the video ,just smooth flying away and landing when batterie dies

Before few minutes I notice that my gps antenna is broken,is it possible that sensor make gimbal crazy?

Sorry boys, I read a thousand of these posts about the gimbal dance... its done. Buy a new gimbal if you'd like on ebay for $799.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Camera-Repl ... 3ce17550c5

Or, just buy a new P2V+ and part out your old one:
Batteries: $100 each
Props: $10
Controller: $150
P2V+:400

You could easily make $800, and have a new Phantom for $1369-899 = $569 (cheaper and no labor).

My Gimbal went CRAZY!!

Too much confidence and little hours of flying. I hit really hard my djiP2V+.
Man! this copter can take hits. But...
The gimbal is crazy!!! when I turn it on the gimbal start to move like the loser funny robot at the zoo on Real Steel (Film) and do not stop until I turn it off.
Cam is working.
I opened it (not the cam or gimbal) and nothing look broke.
What can I do?
I live in Hollywood, FL. Any place I can take it to fix it?
Thanks.

I've had the same thing happen after a crash, and my guess is that the electronics of the gimbal are damaged. It's not repairable by anyone without new circuit boards. The tiny device that senses 'level' is wacked. It has to be very sensitive to constantly correct the camera, and a hard shock from a crash destroys it. I think the advice to buy a new one and part-out the old one is sound. Even though the camera works, it would be very difficult to just replace the gimbal portion. When DJI has replacements available (none at the moment though), it will be the entire camera and gimbal, I reckon.

Tried searching for a solution to the problem with no luck (gimbal goes crazy on it's own) .. had the unit about 5 weeks now with 3 of those waiting for DJI to send a call tag for repair.. Is this the normal support that customers receive ? have 5 flights on it so far & the unit worked flawlessly !

did anybody have similar issues that got resolved ?

thanks !

DJI support is the worst ever. No replies no care. Just a broke machine after a few months. Even after the update, still goes crazy. Started yesterday mid-flight.

ANOTHER GIMBAL GOES CRAZY !

Tried searching for a solution to the problem with no luck (gimbal goes crazy on it's own) .. had the unit about 5 weeks now with 3 of those waiting for DJI to send a call tag for repair.. Is this the normal support that customers receive ? have 5 flights on it so far & the unit worked flawlessly !

did anybody have similar issues that got resolved ?

thanks !
ferrarokid Posts: 1Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Customer service : you call, wait 25 minutes & it just disconnects ! you e-mail & get an automated response stating that a rep will review the e-mail ! !

G.R.E.A.T

C.U.S.T.O.M.E.R

S.E.R.V.I.C.E ! !! !

Anyone want to join a class action lawsuit against DJI and their products and service? I hunk there is a good number of people that would join. We can have a say, it will take a bunch of us though...

I just fixed mine. It was doing the same thing. ( The dance) If you remove the four (4) screws on the back side of the camera, you will see where the black ribbon meets the circuit board. Mine had some how come loose. You will need a magnifying glass, but check to see if that ribbon has come loose or is out of place and reset it. After repair power on and check to see if has reset.

I had a new P2V+ doing the gimbal dance due to damage on the pitch board. According to one dealer I spoke with here in Canada, parts are not available for the gimbal but they're hoping they will be in a few weeks. The MCs are now showing in stock at many retailers, so hopefully this prediction is accurate. I'd also hope DJI will be selling the entire gimbal and camera for less than that Ebay seller who is parting out machines at a premium.

I'm in for a class action suit .. now I spoke with my retailer and they had me do an advanced calibration & from flopping around it broke the ribbon cable that connects the camera body to the gimbal ! ! good stuff !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31