Another DBS Mod-PS4k question

Reaction score
Hey guys-
I received my DBS Itelite antennae. My first question is how do I remove the Con ribbon from my Phantom 4k controller? Is their only one ribbon because it looks like a have two smaller ribbons connected to the top corners of the board that may need to be removed.

Do I unscrew the board?

I found videos of what to do when the controller is open.

Any help...please

Robbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OK Robbie I did the same mod and used this video to figure out how to do it . This isn't what we have but that cable is the same .
It's been awhile since I did mine and can't remember if I took the board off or not but give the first 4 or 5 minutes a look .
Good luck .:)

Reactions: Rawbe
Thanks dirkclod!! He isn't as scared to touch the ribbon as another video I was watching. Ugggg this has to be the worst part.

Yeah I was nervous around the ones inside more . When I did mine that was the only video I could find on getting the back off .
The rest of it I just kinda winged it . Just take your sweet time in there . Watch those ribbons by the connecters .I didn't unhook that one and liked to cut it taking the goo off .

I can't remember now if we have those side 2 ribbons in that video or not and the ribbon by the 5.8 connecter is the one I liked to cut .
Do post how it goes . :)

Gonna buy a hot glue gun tomorrow and give it a go. Thanks again!

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirkclod- just wanted to let you know I did the install today. Everything went great! Thanks for your help!!!

Robbie
Ps. I waited 15 mins after I put the RC back together before I tried to power it on. I was to scared! Hahahah

Last question, I believe one new Antenna cable I installed may loop inside the RC. Is that ok?

Vega is correct ,as long as you have no kinks your good to go and I know you remembered
to be sure and know which is you 5.8 coming out ,Right ?

Good to know about the loops! No kinks or knots I just had to find a home for the cords. Dirkclod I made sure the 5.8 went to port 1 [emoji106]

I flew today....while my 3 yr old tested my patience :) and I maxed the dji app. Apparently I have on a safety buffer. That will be turned off and let the fun begin!!!

Thanks again!

After flying I notice my max distance with DBS is around 3650ft before RTH. Does that sound right? I live on a farm with not many houses surrounding me so I can't imagine much interference.
48171dce58d3b9f93852549359339278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
After flying I notice my max distance with DBS is around 3650ft before RTH. Does that sound right? I live on a farm with not many houses surrounding me so I can't imagine much interference.
48171dce58d3b9f93852549359339278.jpg

I live in a populated area with a lot of interference and reached a max distance of 2.2 miles. I can hit 2 miles often. I went to a park yesterday and could only go 1.75 miles. the lowest I have is 1.5 miles then RTH. I would say yours is low. Always fly in a straight line and make sure your ITELITE panel is facing your drone at all times don't move when going for distance.

I hate to but I guess I will open the RC and do a ******* check on the connections. Thanks for the info stevefo!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik