Another Class E question for preparation of Knowledge test

Reaction score
Students of part 107 or pilots, which would be the right answer and why? I can't figure out yet.

(Refer to figure ) The vertical limits of that portion of Class E airspace designated as a Federal Airway over Magee Airport are

a 1,200 feet AGL to 10,000 feet MSL
b 7,500 feet MSL to 12,500 feet MSL
c 7,500 feet MSL to 17,999 feet MSL

upload_2016-8-26_14-17-7.png

B

class E Airspace
The lower limits of Class E airspace extend to:

• The earth's surface around airports marked by segmented (dashed) magenta (red) lines
classe-surf.jpg

• 700 ft. AGL in areas marked by magenta shading
classe-700.jpg

classe-1200.jpg

• 1,200 ft. AGL for areas designated as federal airways and other areas marked by blue shading
    • However, in much of the contiguous U.S., the floor of Class E airspace is no higher than 1,200 ft. AGL anywhere.
      • Therefore, the blue shading is not shown.
      • In these areas, unless the floor of Class E airspace is indicated by chart symbols to be below 1,200 ft. AGL, it is understood that the floor of the Class E airspace is at 1,200 ft. AGL.
Airways are also Class E airspace, and are depicted as light blue lines between VOR facilities and are labeled with the letter "V" followed by numbers, for example, V-120.
Airways extend up to 17,999 ft. MSL and are 8 NM wide (4 NM on either side of the airway centerline).
If none of the above apply, the floor of Class E airspace begins at 14,500 ft. MSL.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Stand by on my last post. Speaking with a friend who is a pilot. Sorry for any confusion. Posted too quick.

Class e airspace around airways begins at either 700 or 1200 ft agl. So a.

Wasn't one of his choices! Trick question?

The question and its answers were taken from a real old FAA sport pilot test. Pls, can somebody shed a light on?

The centerline of V194 and the airway it crosses at the east edge of the chart segment are both in Military Operating Areas (MOA's also colored magenta but with comb design). The floor of class E in that area is 1200 feet because it is outside the 700 foot agl floor of class E magenta gradient surrounding MaGee airport.
Many of the test questions have 4 possible answers. I wonder it the OP failed to include the option of D: None of the Above.

Reactions: jofus and N017RW
I vote that this question is probably not right. Best answer would be 1200-17999 or None of the above. (Where's the 4th option?)

After reviewing the sample test questions, I see there are only 3 choices. I was wrong about 4 possible choices.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4