Another Choppy Playback Thread

Reaction score
So... I have had NO problem with editing and playback 4k videos. I have 24gig Ram. 6 core processor, etc. all of a sudden, ALL of my videos are playing back choppy like crazy! I have not installed any new software or anything like that. In fact, I pretty much ONLY use that computer for editing and processing videos.

I did a restore to several days ago when it last ran perfectly. No change.

Any of you computer guys have any ideas what I should be looking for to fix it? I did run a full system virus scan and made sure my video driver is current.

Maybe you have a slow drive? My video is fine on my SSD but choppy when reading from my card or HD. I'm running an i3 3.2 with only 8GB RAM.

I have never experienced a problem before. I have tried running from two different drives and from sd cards. I can't figure out what changed. Uggh! I am going to do a clean Windows and all drivers install and see if I can get back to how it was performing.

Try the VLC video player. That cured my choppy playback issues.

check temps with HWMonitor to see if its overheating.

Thanks guys. I am using VLC. Same issue in VLC, Quicktime, and WMP. Issues ONLY happen with 4096X2160 @ 24fps videos. All lesser resolutions run fine.

I don't think anything is running hot but I am not a computer guy. Do these temps look high?
Capture.PNG

temps are A-OK

I appreciate the input but nothing seems to work. So... I am formatting the drive and reinstalling the operating system to get back to when it worked perfectly. Which was always until a few days ago. I am so frustrated that I could not figure out what changed to make the 4K vids go to crappy playback.

Uggh. So... I have a done a clean Windows install in an attempt to get back to when my 4K vids were perfect. I bought this gaming computer to use ONLY for my vids. Still shi77y in 4k. I got paranoid that maybe my P3P was messed up and the vid files were fu66ed up. So, I looked back at some from months ago. They play crappy. I copied the vids to a USB and played them in a different computer with a wimpy vid card and half the RAM. Play fine there but not on my "big video editing machine".

I think my video card may actually have developed a fault. That or the mother board. This is a hassle!

From what I understand, choppy videos are not the problem of DJI hardware. It's just the local hardware that you try to playback. I had a choppy video on my local PC. I uploaded the same video to YouTube and it played good. So it proved a point that my PC is not really up to it but actual footage has no issue with default settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers