Another carry case

Reaction score
Like everybody else I've been looking for a way to transport my Phantom. Didn't want to spend the money on the really nice cases, so here's my take on a DYI case. I found that the medium Rubbermaid Rougheck fit the phantom perfectly. To keep the heli from sliding around I cut a piece of 1/4" masonite for the floor, which sits on a large Plano tackle box. The tackle box hold spare parts tools, props and prop balancer.

Since the masonite sits above the bottom, I cut a notch on one side to fit the TX. I taped closed cell foam under the TX to give it bump protection. Above the TX I added a piece of aluminum U stock with a piece of Velcro.

On one side I mounted more Velcro and mounted my charger. On the opposite side I mounted more Velcro to hold a medium sized Plano Tackle box to hold my batteries. This box will hold up to 8 batteries.

The Masonite has two rails of the same U stock I used on the TX hanger. I added strips of 1/8" closed cell foam and four sections of double sided Velcro to act as tie downs.

You wouldn't want to ship the Phantom in this, but for transporting it back forth for flying, it seems to work very well.

Attachments

• Transport 005 copy copy.jpg
    Transport 005 copy copy.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 644
  • Transport 004 copy copy.jpg
    Transport 004 copy copy.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 647
  • Transport 001 copy copy.jpg
    Transport 001 copy copy.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 684

Recent Posts

Members online