Another Aircraft Disconnected

Reaction score
This Aircraft Disconnected does not end well at all:
P4P+ not even a month old. 130+ ft up, 41 mph, fresh battery, 5 or 6 houses down the street. Screen froze, image turned to B&W, Aircraft Disconnected banner on screen. Started walking. Found it upside down looking like someone took a baseball bat to it. Busted off gimbal, both skids bent, broken legs, bottom and top shell separated. Just not understanding any of it. The disconnect, and then instead of return to home or even just hover, the resulting high speed ground impact.
It was suggested that I email DJI and be prepared to send them the flight data. All of that is on the remote, but all I've ever done with it is replay a few of them right there on the screen. I may need to ask just how to send flight data.
Is it okay to have a wake for drone?

Now I am really concerned. Sounds like the same scenario as my P3P. My screen froze except for altitude. The video unfroze to reveal that I am upside down pointing at a satellite dish. I altimeter show a normal descent rate so I figured it flipped over when it tried to land on an uneven surface. Lat/long was frozen so I can't know it descended for a normal landing. I fear it may have landed under power like yours. It is a moot point if I do not find it though ;-(

Well, got email from DJI to send in Aircraft, remote, and battery. They are supposed to assess and let me know if is an aircraft malfunction in which case they will replace the unit free of charge.
that scenario seems stacked against me is all. because with all the evidence in their hands, it is easy enough to say operator error and I will be stuck with the choice of buying another unit or being out all that money and having nothing but the extra batteries and the charging station...

What a lonely thread this is...
OK, filled out the online paperwork got the UPS label printed. Come Monday it will be on its way to whatever DJI has. Will post

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20