Angry Birds.

I had 2 redtail hawks circle within 3 meters of the phantom 180 degrees apart. I was only about 60 feet up. They started closing in and I brought it down fast. I wondered what they would have done??

sbarton said:
Had a hawk get real close checking me out. It wasn't scared of it. Either wanted to know what it was or wanted to scare it out of its hunting grounds. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27108

-Scott

Looks like it was checking you out. Very nice shot.

When the birds attack, there is usually 2, the mum and dad I think. They get real close, and I'm talking millimetres.
Its like a full on dogfight. I really wish I had firmware 1.08 to get better descent rates.

Fplvert said:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html
Here ya go. :D

Thanks. Unfortunately I cant revert back. I have massive magnetic declination issues. My phantom J hooks all over the place and flies like a crab.

And thanks for hosting that site. I always refer it when others need to look for firmware and apps.
It has helped many of us.
Legend bro.

Mako79 said:
Fplvert said:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html
Here ya go. :D

Thanks. Unfortunately I cant revert back. I have massive magnetic declination issues. My phantom J hooks all over the place and flies like a crab.

And thanks for hosting that site. I always refer it when others need to look for firmware and apps.
It has helped many of us.
Legend bro.
Sorry I can't take credit for Drone Slingers work.
I think he deserves the Legend Title, but glad to help. :D

How does a bird not get hurt in this sort of encounter? I don't see any plumage flying, looks like it hit the skids, or in any case, somehow managed to avoid the props. I've spotted quite a few of these bird/drone clashes on Youtube, but somehow the bird seems to almost always come out the winner. Weird.

I had my run in with a couple of hawks (don't know exactly which species) a few days ago. Location: Western Ontario over Lake Huron They both came in for a good look, I chose to avoid them by gaining altitude QUICKLY. Did this three times by roughly 30ft and they seemed to loose interest. Here is a still of one of the passes.

-Red5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 7.35.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 7.35.08 PM.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 282
I went back to a site where my bird was attached by a magpie a month ago, thinking it should be safe now.
Not so .. after flying for a while I heard the same maniacal cackling and was attacked again by two magpies and a Pied butcherbird also joined in. Lost of crazy evasive action on my part and I got down safely. I had the video running but was too bust with the controls to get the main action but here's a frame showing the butcherbird expressing his feelings.
i-Kt7VRWK-XL.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31