Android wifi analyzer question

Reaction score
Can someone using the wifi analyzer please tell me if you can see both extender and bird signal? My assumption was I would be able to see both.

Recently I decided to use the wifi analyzer App too see if the FPVBooster App was working and the only signals displayed are the extender (Phantom Networl) and my home local network! Once I saw a quick display of what appeared to be FC200 and it disappeared and has never returned.

My gimbal and everything appears to working ok, I just can't determine if the booster app is. The analyzer app did show that the phantom network was using channel 7 and I successfully changed that to channel 1 just to see if I could. I really don't understand how all this works.

JDNC said:
Can someone using the wifi analyzer please tell me if you can see both extender and bird signal? My assumption was I would be able to see both.

Recently I decided to use the wifi analyzer App too see if the FPVBooster App was working and the only signals displayed are the extender (Phantom Networl) and my home local network! Once I saw a quick display of what appeared to be FC200 and it disappeared and has never returned.

My gimbal and everything appears to working ok, I just can't determine if the booster app is. The analyzer app did show that the phantom network was using channel 7 and I successfully changed that to channel 1 just to see if I could. I really don't understand how all this works.

Are you trying to see the 5.8ghz or are you looking for the 2.4? If you are trying to differentiate between the broadcast signals on 2.4 you will need to get creative to use a low end device. It could get really tricky dealing with signals near the speed of light.

Just turn your booster app off and check for db output and then turn it back on and check for output strength....

Jeremy, I'm checking for the 2.4 signals. Actually I'm looking for a way to easily find the MAC address of the camera. The only thing I see is the signal from the extender and my own local network. I just assumed I would get a signal from the bird's wifi/camera but I don't. What puzzles me, is that I saw FC200 displayed briefly but went away so quick I couldn't read the signal strength.

Everything appears to be working properly but I just don't know what signals should be available. I just can't see a signal from the bird, only from the extender. I don't understand how it all works anyway. I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

JDNC said:
Jeremy, I'm checking for the 2.4 signals. Actually I'm looking for a way to easily find the MAC address of the camera. The only thing I see is the signal from the extender and my own local network. I just assumed I would get a signal from the bird's wifi/camera but I don't. What puzzles me, is that I saw FC200 displayed briefly but went away so quick I couldn't read the signal strength.

Everything appears to be working properly but I just don't know what signals should be available. I just can't see a signal from the bird, only from the extender. I don't understand how it all works anyway. I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

I dont have a working knowledge of the handshake that is occurring during the pairing.

Tony from fpvlr would be a much better person to fill in this area.

Jeremy

I am new to my pv2 but I recall reading a post where someone mentioned an ability to log into the fc200 by keeping the range extender off (quad and camera on) and using the generic 192.168.1.1 router login protocol. I have not tried it so I cannot confirm but thought I would pass that on. As for the Mac address, wouldn't it be revealed under the "binding" procedure?

Assuming it works like PC wifi analyzer I use (inSSIDer), yes, it will show both the FC200's wifi and the repeater's wifi. You just need to look for the MAC address that starts with the first 3 bytes the same as the repeater's.
(60:60:1F I think.) The name will be empty for the FC200's. This is on the 2.4Ghz band. The controller's 5.8Ghz band signal won't show up, since it's not wifi.

The Fc2000 SSID is hidden so some analyzers will display it as blank/no name... i use "wifi analyzer" on android and if I recall it displays it as blank.

And yeah as someone above said you can login to the phantom with ssh/192.168.1.1 or the RE ssh/192.168.1.2 or the actual camera on ssh/192.168.1.10

The Phantom IP i gave is actually the wifi module in the phantom to be precise.. It runs the FC2000_XXXX... SSID.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.