Android vs IOS. Viewpoints/ experiences

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Looking for anyone's viewpoint on android tablet/phones vs ios/apple. What do you find works better, user friendly with apps DJI Go app or Litchi? I'm a new P4P owner and even tho I don't want to spend more money, but I'm looking for the best tablet or ipad that will work the best. I have a LG tablet. Works ok, but getting video lag and interference etc. Looking for best screen brightness as well. Almost wish I would have bought the P4P+ for the screen and other reasons, but I don't believe you can fly goggles/FPV unless I'm wrong. Appreciate any feedback from anyone and your reasons why. Have a great day.

Pilot hat on: Never a problem with my iOS devices, and every story I have read about issues seem to be with Android.

IT security hat on: RUN AWAY FROM ANDROID. It's a malware magnet; the very few issues that have been found in iOS get fixed almost immediately and the fix is pushed out to everyone just as fast. Not so with Android, where the hardware manufacturer and the mobile carrier can delay endlessly.

Reactions: rlphoto69
Well I am definitely not an Apple fan, but I use an ipad mini4, and it is excellent,previously used Nexus7 android, which was good, but the IOS seems much smoother, and never a single app crash.
Software, I am a Litchi fan, use it all the time, never a problem, if you like waypoint missions, then Litchi is a must have.

iOS hands down (iPad Air 2 or Pro 9.7). Android yuck, especially Samsung.

If you want Litchi or Autopilot, then non-screen P4 Pro and not the Plus model with the attached screen as neither will install to the P4 Plus model's screen (Locked system.).

Recommendations anyone with IPADS. Been hearing more and more where IOS is better and your opinions are helping. Trying to save money and not increase Best Buy's stocks higher, but as they say if you want to hear the music, you have to pay the band.
Pilot hat on: Never a problem with my iOS devices, and every story I have read about issues seem to be with Android.

IT security hat on: RUN AWAY FROM ANDROID. It's a malware magnet; the very few issues that have been found in iOS get fixed almost immediately and the fix is pushed out to everyone just as fast. Not so with Android, where the hardware manufacturer and the mobile carrier can delay endlessly.

Recommendations anyone with IPADS. Been hearing more and more where IOS is better and your opinions are helping.

I fly the Phantom primarily with an iPad Air 2 - which is my tablet of choice for daily use. I fly the Mavic with the same iPad or with an iPhone 7 plus (when I am feeling lazy or just pleasure flying versus anything important).

For "serious" flight, the larger screen of the iPad is a plus. That being said, I have heard lots of good things about using an iPad Mini versus a full-sized one. I am planning to borrow my daughter's Mini 2 and see how much I like it. They are usually inexpensive, especially in the WiFi-only, smaller storage versions. It may just wind up being my "flight tablet" if the screen is big enough for my taste and I can find one at a price that makes it worthwhile.

Hi everyone, Looking for anyone's viewpoint on android tablet/phones vs ios/apple. What do you find works better, user friendly with apps DJI Go app or Litchi? I'm a new P4P owner and even tho I don't want to spend more money, but I'm looking for the best tablet or ipad that will work the best. I have a LG tablet. Works ok, but getting video lag and interference etc. Looking for best screen brightness as well. Almost wish I would have bought the P4P+ for the screen and other reasons, but I don't believe you can fly goggles/FPV unless I'm wrong. Appreciate any feedback from anyone and your reasons why. Have a great day.

You should have waited an gotten the P4 Pro+ as that new monitor blows apple products away when it comes to luminance (brightness). The luminance cd/m2 for Apple range from 450 415 cd/m2 while the new monitor from DJI for the P4 is 1000 cd/m2 that a lot of brightness. While most consumer 7" screens average between 300 - 450 cd/m2 of luminance

You should have waited an gotten the P4 Pro+ as that new monitor blows apple products away when it comes to luminance (brightness). The luminance cd/m2 for Apple range from 450 415 cd/m2 while the new monitor from DJI for the P4 is 1000 cd/m2 that a lot of brightness. While most consumer 7" screens average between 300 - 450 cd/m2 of luminance
Yes, but no Litchi, or Autopilot, or any other 3rd party app, allowed on the P4 Pro+,for me that is a deal breaker.

I'm using both the Android and iOS platforms with my P4, depending on what I'm doing that day.

The iPad (full size) works great, no problems, Google maps but is a bit heavy around the neck. I would probably go for an iPad mini as a replacement.

With the Android tablet (Samsung Tab E) it works just fine, good size. The bad part is it uses the dreadful "Here" maps.

All of the screen functions are available for both platforms but if I had to start from scratch and pick one, it would be an iPad mini.

AD

The device for the p4p is android, so you still have the android v ios debate

Think about it, very few ios devices that can run one version of the os, verses many many different android devices, different specs of firmware and os. I started out android but moved to ios because i needed specific apps, never looked back

Yes ios can be a pain and itunes does my head in but ive never had a problem with ipad mini 2 cellular or my ipad mini 4s, wifi and cellular

I fly the Phantom primarily with an iPad Air 2 - which is my tablet of choice for daily use. I fly the Mavic with the same iPad or with an iPhone 7 plus (when I am feeling lazy or just pleasure flying versus anything important).

For "serious" flight, the larger screen of the iPad is a plus. That being said, I have heard lots of good things about using an iPad Mini versus a full-sized one. I am planning to borrow my daughter's Mini 2 and see how much I like it. They are usually inexpensive, especially in the WiFi-only, smaller storage versions. It may just wind up being my "flight tablet" if the screen is big enough for my taste and I can find one at a price that makes it worthwhile.
Thankyou. May look into one tomorrow. Do you feel the apple products have a brighter screen than android?

The device for the p4p is android, so you still have the android v ios debate

Think about it, very few ios devices that can run one version of the os, verses many many different android devices, different specs of firmware and os. I started out android but moved to ios because i needed specific apps, never looked back

Yes ios can be a pain and itunes does my head in but ive never had a problem with ipad mini 2 cellular or my ipad mini 4s, wifi and cellular
Thank you. I think you guys are making my mind up

Thankyou. May look into one tomorrow. Do you feel the apple products have a brighter screen than android?

Hard to say, since screen brightness will vary between Android manufacturers. I've not found the brightness on the iPad to be inadequate, certainly.

Samsung's OLED screens are better than any Apple screen, but IOS in terms of stability and "just works" is definitely the way to go. I own both. If I could get the IOS stability with the Samsung screen it would be the perfect device.

Futureproof though rather than go cheap if looking at the iPad Mini's I'd opt for the Mini 4 over the Mini 2. Expect to see the Mini2 die soon from the product line and I think it's a coin toss if it'll be supported by IOS 11 which is supposed to hit in April.

Reactions: rlphoto69 and joet
I've always been an Android fan until I got my P3A last year. I started out using an Android tablet but quickly went to iOS because of the lag and breakup I kept getting. I also wanted something bigger than 7". Ended up with the iPad Air2 when it was first released. Got it with the 128G of memory so no need to transfer files all the time. Worked out really nice, huge, bright screen and looks amazing. No glitching and no more breakup while flying. I actually really like iOS now and I'm really happy I got it.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I've always been an Android fan until I got my P3A last year. I started out using an Android tablet but quickly went to iOS because of the lag and breakup I kept getting. I also wanted something bigger than 7". Ended up with the iPad Air2 when it was first released. Got it with the 128G of memory so no need to transfer files all the time. Worked out really nice, huge, bright screen and looks amazing. No glitching and no more breakup while flying. I actually really like iOS now and I'm really happy I got it.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
I've used android phones and iPhone ,for me , i prefer Android, although android phones aren't as popular as iPhone, but the iPhone is limited in some ways ,
For example,in terms of transfer data and device connection , for iPhone device , Android is far more convenient than it ,

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj