P3 Firmware Android users

Reaction score
So bottom line, for those us who use Android devices, are we able to upgrade to the new firmware as things stand today?

Or do we need to wait for the GO app to be available for Androids?

I'm normally quite adept at wading through this sort of documentation.

But there seem to be conflicting comments about how to update the RC -- via a USB device, or directly from the new app?

Thanks for any help!

It's no problem to update and fly.
Firmware id for your Phantom and the app is for your tablet - two different things.
You can't update the Tx via the app now but will be able to in future.

Actually my 1.2 app allowed me to download the update and install it to RC and give option to delete the update file. It worked fine however a couple flights later told me there was an update available.

Firmware id for your Phantom and the app is for your tablet - two different things.

So we (Android users) can update the P3 but not the TX or Pilot App (now called DJI GO) and fly?
If it's no problem to fly as you say without the TX and App update, why create the update at all?
That seems a bit risky to me.
While I'm anxious to try the new FW, I think I'll wait till they release the rest before trying.

See? Even here, we're getting slightly different interpretations of oddly-obscure (even for DJI) documentation. DJI seems adamant that the RC's firmware is now updated from the new app after it's installed on the phone or tablet. But the app doesn't exist yet for Androids. Catch 22? Normally, I like being an early adopter. But for this, I'm tempted to agree with Colorado68, that it's better to wait until everything is out there.

Last edited:
So we (Android users) can update the P3 but not the TX or Pilot App (now called DJI GO) and fly?
If it's no problem to fly as you say without the TX and App update, why create the update at all?
While I'm anxious to try the new FW, I think I'll wait till they release the rest before trying.
See? Even here, we're getting slightly different interpretations of oddly-obscure (even for DJI) documentation. DJI seems adamant that the RC's firmware is now updated from the new app after it's installed on the phone or tablet. But the app doesn't exist yet for Androids. Catch 22? Normally, I like being an early adopter. But for this, I'm tempted to agree with Colorado68, that it's better to wait until everything is out there.
Seems that some people are being way too suspicious here.
1. DJI have finally released the long awaited firmware after weeks of testing.
2. DJI are bringing in a new method for updating the Tx
3. If you are unhappy with glitches caused by tour old firmware, update it.

3 different things/items going here .. first the firmware for the drone updated to the 1.3.20 , second the firmware in the RC put the same bin file in a usb stick and insert it in the RC and turn it on, third the software thay was called dji pilot now dji go (ios only) and still dji pilot version 1.2 on android devices, so for you fine people android user you have to deploy the first and the second step only and leave the third untill an update is available ... enjoy

3 different things/items going here .. first the firmware for the drone updated to the 1.3.20 , second the firmware in the RC put the same bin file in a usb stick and insert it in the RC and turn it on, third the software thay was called dji pilot now dji go (ios only) and still dji pilot version 1.2 on android devices, so for you fine people android user you have to deploy the first and the second step only and leave the third untill an update is available ... enjoy
Does update work with new RC model GL300B , I was told that this model does not take an update is this true ?

Does update work with new RC model GL300B , I was told that this model does not take an update is this true ?
sorry .. my concern here is the phantom3 pro and it's RC .. !!!

sorry .. my concern here is the phantom3 pro and it's RC .. !!!
Exactly I have phantom 3 and latest model of RC that is GL300B which cause a BIG problem to many of us .

There is no way to update it , I have not tried to use an IOS yet , but at the and will have to .

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
Exactly I have phantom 3 and latest model of RC that is GL300B which cause a BIG problem to many of us .
problems ??? like what ... no problems here, mine is working perfectly, i mean really great no gimmicks at all

problems ??? like what ... no problems here, mine is working perfectly, i mean really great no gimmicks at all
Take look at this photos. There is no way to update RC from an APP and APP will not work without updated RC and again RC refuses to update .

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 336
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 361
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 334
Take look at this photos. There is no way to update RC from an APP and APP will not work without updated RC and again RC refuses to update .
... weird, i did update my drone and my RC yesterday with the original way ie: the bin file in the sd card insert in the drone and update .. the same bin file in a usb stick then the stick in the RC turn it on and voila !!! both are updated to the latest firmware !!! try again with your RC the way i did, i guess you will not be disappointed !!! good luck

Reactions: mikroman6
I updated my P3P first, took the card out deleted the txt file, then inserted the card back into my quad, connected the usb cable to the micro usb on the gimble and the other end into my controller. I turned on the quad first, then the controller. I let it do its thing while I watched tv and it was done. I am flying using a nvidia shield on the 1.2 version. I flew 2 batteries last night and had 0 issues after I did the updates. Not even an app crash.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
I just updated the traditional way, too. Everything's fine and works perfectly without the Android GO app. I agree that the current app seems smoother.

I found my first gripe.. havnt flown yet. I noticed that when you use the advanced camera settings it doesnt highlight the variable your changing anymore, it was a quick visual to know which option you were on to change

I found my first gripe.. havnt flown yet. I noticed that when you use the advanced camera settings it doesnt highlight the variable your changing anymore, it was a quick visual to know which option you were on to change
Interesting. I've installed the GO app now, and just had my first few flights. I'll take a look at the camera settings next time.

Everything seems fine. The P3 flew very well.

My only new issue is that sometimes the app says I need a firmware upgrade, which I don't. And then sometimes it correctly reports that I don't. This anomaly seems to depend on what I turn on first, acting badly when I activate the controller first, then the P3. Then, when I turn either one off and re-activate it, the firmware notice is correct.

Regardless, it doesn't seem to affect anything that matters. Had a few great flights! And yes, the VPS is fixed! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj