Android tabs for p4p v2

Reaction score
I've looked through the threads here and couldn't find a solid answer about current andriod tabs. So....
I've tried most of the tricks to make my samsung s2 to work with the p4p v2 that I just got. It connected a few times, but I want something reliable having gps and not apple. I am well aware of the dji list of suggested tabs, which they list none other than apple and crystal sky.
I would like to know what 8" android tablet currently sold will be a solid work horse with the p4p v2. Adivice would be truely appriciated.

Last edited:
I would like to know what 8" android tablet currently sold will be a solid work horse with the p4p v2. Adivice would be truely appriciated

Best Android deal going right now is a Huawei... I bought their Mediapad M3 8.4 a few months ago and really like it, $262... several others here have one and like it too... the M5 is a newer model but I know nothing about it

A good rule is the get at least quad speed (1.5Ghz minimum) and at least 3Gb RAM, IMHO. Buy more than you need, dedicate it to the job (don't load it with other stuff), and you'll be ready for the next generation of DJI-Go (hopefully).

I just ran CPU-Z on my P4P Plus: Quad 1.61 Rockchip and 4Gb RAM. Full specs in pdf.

Attachments

• dji.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 179
I just ran CPU-Z on my P4P Plus: Quad 1.61 Rockchip and 4Gb RAM. Full specs in pdf.
Woow, that's a big screen! My s2 has all the right specs, but no workie.
Thus the reason for asking which tab is solid.

The 13 is square inches, it's 5.5 diagonal.

I've looked through the threads here and couldn't find a solid answer about current andriod tabs. So....
I've tried most of the tricks to make my samsung s2 to work with the p4p v2 that I just got. It connected a few times, but I want something reliable having gps and not apple. I am well aware of the dji list of suggested tabs, which they list none other than apple and crystal sky.
I would like to know what 8" android tablet currently sold will be a solid work horse with the p4p v2. Adivice would be truely appriciated.

I've been really happy with the huawei mediapad M3. Very little bloatware to start with and what little was installed could be removed easily. Runs Go4 without lag or disconnects.

I've got 7 Android Tablets of which 5 are dedicated to my different DJI Quadcopters as I like to have different Apps for different Quadcopters. Today I just received both my new Phantom P4PV2.0 and a new 8" Huawei MediaPad T3 that is dedicated to my new P4PV2.0 and this new MediaPad starts up, loads DJI App Version 4.2.21, and I have DJI Camera View in less time than both my 8" Nvidia Shield K1 Tablets take to basically just start up! I bought my first Huawei MediaPad running Android 6 last January for my Mavic Pro and I was impressed but as mentioned before they have less garbage ware and it came loaded with Android 7 and costs less than $150 on Amazon. I highly recommend it!!

Thank you all for the input! I finally gave in and bought an ipad mini 4 not wanting to mess around with the android fixes and all. The new tablet works well and I'm satisfied with the results.

A good Android tablet needs no messing around.

I'll second that... and go so far as to say Huawei is the best name in Android right now.

Big name companies like Samsung start out with good hardware, then load it down with crAPPS that can't be uninstalled, and apparently rig the OS so the USB port doesn't do all the things a USB port on a modern device is capable of.

To be competitive, Huawei has great hardware and a much more open and flexible system - and is much closer to being 'pure' Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4