Android tablet users {rooted} adjust your DPI settings

DBS

Reaction score
For better visibility of telemetry data... use Xposed installer "App Settings" module... (more about that here) http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...app-layout-and-dpi-settings-xda-developer-tv/

As we know the DJI Vision app is specifically not compatible with android tablets and has to be sideloaded from the DJI dowloads site ... this does not change the fact that the app does not play well with the tablet DPI settings and the telemetry is left very small and hard to see (for my old eyes anyway)...

So there is a way around all that using an old Xposed module called "App Settings"... don't know why i didn't think of this sooner as i have used it before on my Note 3 for other purposes... **** this makes everything easier to see and buttons easier to click.

Tablet DPI is usually somewhere between 180 and 240/260ish depending on what type of tablet you have... but with the App Settings module you can set that to whatever you want on a per app basis so it doesn't mess with the rest of your system DPI settings...

Below is shown before and after on a DPI change from 240 to 480 (but you could select higher or lower or anywhere in between)
*[also allows font size adjustment so i tweaked the bottom pic to 125% for a bit more text size]*

Went from this...

Screenshot_2014-09-11-20-34-34_zpswldeqr1e.png

to THIS...

Screenshot_2014-09-11-20-36-07_zpsqdccgske.png

dragonash said:
also even custom roms like Paranoid Android have quick DPI settings in place as well

True dat dragon... so the above would be an option for users like me who don't have a custom ROM available with DPI settings ... or prefer to stay on a stock ROM and make their own modifications... :ugeek:

I think they have to be careful though. I thought Xposed didnt work with certain roms.

Anyway, if they got rooted, they must know something :)

Is this in the playstore ? if not how do I download it? Thanks

ilovecoffee said:
I just noticed. Weird how your font is different. I guess your tablet is missing a system font that is used by the app?

I think it's because i did a global font change in my tablet settings actually... :ugeek:

AnselA said:
vortigern said:

+1

Requires rooted device... then you need "xposed installer" here... http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer ... then you use the xposed installer to install the module "app settings" to change the DPI...
(that's the way i did it because i already use the exposed installer ... there are other ways to do the same thing out there) :ugeek:

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:
I just noticed. Weird how your font is different. I guess your tablet is missing a system font that is used by the app?

I think it's because i did a global font change in my tablet settings actually... :ugeek:

AnselA said:
vortigern said:

+1

Requires rooted device... then you need "xposed installer" here... http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer ... then you use the xposed installer to install the module "app settings" to change the DPI...
(that's the way i did it because i already use the exposed installer ... there are other ways to do the same thing out there) :ugeek:

Thanks for that.

DBS,

thanks.

i have rooted nexus 7 2012 1st gen.

installed app successfully but it doesnt change any of my DJI icons.

the App setup screen has default DPI setting option at 0. i changed to 480 like you. no change.

i toggled all the other settings back and forth. reboots in between. nothing is changing. im old fart like you and i need bigger icons as well.

anyone with advice would be appreciated, thx.

Who the hell are you calling an old fart :twisted: :lol:

Anyway... sounds like you didn't click "enable" in the module settings...

You must have Xposed Installer to have gotten the App Settings module right?

Go back into Xposed Installer ... click "modules" ... click the check boxes on the right to enable the modules you have installed :ugeek:

Having never rooting a device before, it took me a little while to get it working and tweaking the App with the "App Settings" module; I just love it, I can now see everything, battery, telemetry, everything...

Thank you DBS, XDA developers, and to everyone else having a hand in this mod. THANK YOU.

RCF - DRONE said:
Having never rooting a device before, it took me a little while to get it working and tweaking the App with the "App Settings" module; I just love it, I can now see everything, battery, telemetry, everything...

Thank you DBS, XDA developers, and to everyone else having a hand in this mod. THANK YOU.

You're very welcome sir... glad to see you got it working... I don't know how i put up with it in stock form now that I've had it this way for awhile now :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik