Android Pilot App - Not Awesome

Reaction score
Hello,

I just picked up my P3P yesterday after hanging out with my buddy and his Inspire 1 with the iPad Mini 2. Running the DJI Pilot app with my Nexus 7 2013 is supper jittery compared to the fluidity I have seen from my buddies setup. I also experienced a video disconnect and later got a Google Play Services crashed error.

The reviews on the Android Market are mostly terrible for the Pilot app. Is there hope for the Android app or should I just cross over to the dark side and get an iPad Mini 2? (Sorry, I am a longtime advocate of Android)

I also have an LG G3 but haven't tried it out since I have only had 2 flights and it is not a "supported" device. Might give it a go also.

Hello,

I just picked up my P3P yesterday after hanging out with my buddy and his Inspire 1 with the iPad Mini 2. Running the DJI Pilot app with my Nexus 7 2013 is supper jittery compared to the fluidity I have seen from my buddies setup. I also experienced a video disconnect and later got a Google Play Services crashed error.

The reviews on the Android Market are mostly terrible for the Pilot app. Is there hope for the Android app or should I just cross over to the dark side and get an iPad Mini 2? (Sorry, I am a longtime advocate of Android)

I also have an LG G3 but haven't tried it out since I have only had 2 flights and it is not a "supported" device. Might give it a go also.
Well of course you should switch over! I know, it's humiliating to have to pay that kind of money to Apple.............. I went through the same thing. But 1 year later............. it just works!!! On most everything!!

SNERD!!! I'm also on TPF with you!

The Mini 2's are pretty reasonable and turns out I could use Google Photos and Play Music which are the apps I use most on my tablet

SNERD!!! I'm also on TPF with you!

The Mini 2's are pretty reasonable and turns out I could use Google Photos and Play Music which are the apps I use most on my tablet
Yeah, Sparky is on here too! But he doesn't talk to me. Small world, 'eh?!

Well, happy to report I think I figured out the problem. My USB mode was not correct, it was to MTP to P2P. Going through the settings again I found it was on PAL and not NTSC though I saw that get set correctly the first time. I also turned wifi off on my Nexus and kept my phone away.

Any how, took her up for two small flights yesterday and the video feed was much better. It did lose signal directly above me but I also realized I forgot to unfold the antenna, whoops

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj