Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Android P

Discussion in 'Phantom 4K' started by timmyv92, Jun 14, 2018.

1. timmyv92

Hey guys! I hope everyone is enjoying summer with their drone! I do need some help though. I have a Google Pixel running Android P and the DJI Go app from my Phantom 4k force closes everytime I open the app. Anyone know of a solution. I have tried contacting DJI but they weren't very helpful.

2. RunningWithScissors

Sounds like either an OS or a device compatibility issue. I wanna ask, is Android P compatible with the Go app?

3. Fly Dawg

I would say it is the OS. Android P is in Beta from what I understand and brand spanking new.

4. RunningWithScissors

That's what I was thinking. Had not heard anything about a formal release. If that's truly the case, I seriously doubt that DJI will do anything about compatibility until the OS is formally released. Even then, it may be a bit of a wait.

5. timmyv92

That was my thinking but the DJI app for drones after Phantom 4 works just fine on Android P...it's just the pre Phantom 4 app that won't load...smh

6. RunningWithScissors

That's really odd. Not sure what to think of thar. I would have expected just the opposite situation as I expect the Go4 app requires a lot more overhead than the Go app. You've probably tried searching here and elsewhere for other people having the same problem.