Android firmware1.1.9

Reaction score
Has there been a release of this firmware update for androids yet?

The firmware updates are only for the Phantom and remote controller. The same firmware is used no matter which type of mobile device you're using.

If you're referring to the Android DJI Pilot app -- then, no, it has not been updated.

Yes ... v1.1.9 was released back on May 22nd.
You can keep track of updates on this webpage.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
If it's there, it's released.

Sounds like you are hanging on for the Android app to update from 1.1.0
DJI said it would be first week of June and you'll also be able to keep track on the DJI downloads page.

Sounds like you are hanging on for the Android app to update from 1.1.0
DJI said it would be first week of June and you'll also be able to keep track on the DJI downloads page.

It's going to have the Flight Sim, Ground Station and extra batteries!

Ground station is never coming to DJI Pilot :(

I guess they changed their minds. DJI employees confirmed this on the DJI forum recently. They are going to leave this feature up to 3rd party developers.

Can you show me the post that says this?

"Recently" as in 2 months ago... and have since stated Pilot will have GS.
I think they are seeing most of the up-and-coming competition is including it as basic equipment. I would love to have the Orbit mode, or POI (Points of Interest) as DJI calls it, available.

Ah, yes, not so recent :(

Can you show me the post where DJI is saying DJI Pilot will have GS?

Last edited:
The Phantom manual at least mentions this one. For me, this would be 100x more useful than waypoints.
Probably for me too. Then again, I could see covering a motoX or the like and mapping out a good coverage route with the waypoints. I think I want them all now!!

Ah, yes, not so recent :(

Can you show me the post where DJI is saying DJI Pilot will have GS?

April 27, 2015:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/groundstation-is-coming.39472/

But then prior to this Blade Strike stated this on April 24, 2015:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-will-have-waypoints.39326/#post-361493

"POI will be a feature in upcoming firmware, waypoints will more than likely be from 3rd party apps."

Personally, I'm not holding my breath for anything from DJI. I'm sure we won't know for sure until it's actually been released. I think it's obvious that DJI released the P3 before it was completed. There are just so many things missing in the Pilot app. While I like that DJI released the SDK, I don't like that it appears they are just going to ignore what they told customers they would be getting. Keep in mind, these 3rd party apps are not free. They cost around $10. On top of that, there are no trials. You need to pay for the app to determine if it's what you want. 15 minutes is not enough time to download and use an app such as these.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20