Android DJI GO 2.1.0 - New Gimbal Features Explained

Gimbal stop thing is great
It would be better on a sliding scale like the tilt brake.
Without it on your panning will be more jerky, but with it on (default) it can be too aggressive and sometimes 'floats' past where you wanted it to stop - then returns - looks odd and can even need editing out.

So technically its a 2D gimbal (yaw is locked)?? Or is it just to help those who overshoot the panning??

So technically its a 2D gimbal (yaw is locked)?? Or is it just to help those who overshoot the panning??
I don't understand what you mean, with setting enabled the gimbal start yaw at the same time of the bird, with setting disabled the gimbal will be less responsive and more smooth when you yaw your aircraft

I don't understand what you mean, with setting enabled the gimbal start yaw at the same time of the bird, with setting disabled the gimbal will be less responsive and more smooth when you yaw your aircraft

My memory fails me... but a while ago many users complained that the yaw would overshoot the subject because it lagged back to center and therefore users had to foretell when to stop. It was designed so that the camera wouldnt jerk the moment you yaw and that it would smoothly catch up with yaw. This was added in the PV2+ firmwares and many users didnt understand why the camera moved when the phantom was stationary.

Now I'm not sure if that then disables the 3rd axis. Maybe it doesn't and just makes the camera not 'lag' to center. I dont notice it as i dont follow may subjects and dont even notice the what the gimbal is doing.

New features?
Gimbal yaw synchronous just looks like a different name for Gimbal Mode - FPV & Follow ???
No it's completely another thing, nothing in common with what you talk about and the option for fpv or follow is still there.

Pitch smooth is what i desired for a long time. Really really great.

Last edited:
Reactions: louforgiveno
Wow...... is that available n ios device.....?
Wait... You mean DJI favored the Android side? Again? All those that keep telling themselves that iOS is the DJI best friend are going to start waking up! Loving the gimble smoothing! I run between 10 and 15 now. Still narrowing it down to what fits my flying best.

Wait... You mean DJI favored the Android side? Again? All those that keep telling themselves that iOS is the DJI best friend are going to start waking up! Loving the gimble smoothing! I run between 10 and 15 now. Still narrowing it down to what fits my flying best.
I love pitch smooth too...for AP is simply perfect [emoji106]

My memory fails me... but a while ago many users complained that the yaw would overshoot the subject because it lagged back to center and therefore users had to foretell when to stop. It was designed so that the camera wouldnt jerk the moment you yaw and that it would smoothly catch up with yaw. This was added in the PV2+ firmwares and many users didnt understand why the camera moved when the phantom was stationary.

Now I'm not sure if that then disables the 3rd axis. Maybe it doesn't and just makes the camera not 'lag' to center. I dont notice it as i dont follow may subjects and dont even notice the what the gimbal is doing.
To make a long story short, you can choose between leaving it as it is now or make it smoother when aircraft turns (yaw axis).

The good thing is that there are 3 config possible and you can switch between them without each time set up your preferences :)

Reactions: Mako79
To make a long story short, you can choose between leaving it as it is now or make it smoother when aircraft turns (yaw axis).

The good thing is that there are 3 config possible and you can switch between them without each time set up your preferences :)

Good point. Less chat = more flying.

Reactions: III% Streve
Many folks are reporting you can adjust the settings in android and they stick when using iOS. So if you have access to an android device you are good to go in iOS

Forgive my ignorance, I get the 2nd video and have already messed with that feature. Why would you want the 1st videos feature on or off? What are the benefits?

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4